Edmunds tests the Cahllenger Vs Bullit

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...Id=125968?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

I love how thet test the top of the line Challenger against the Bullitt.

Why don't these assholes test the top dodge against our top mustang GT500??
Oh yeah they don't want to see the brand new Challenger get smoked. Challenger vs Gt500 would have ben closer in price also.

Edit: Shit i can't fix my thread topic spelling error......moderator help??? :)

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
13.2 seconds at 107.5 mph
Seems pretty healthy for a 4200lb car with an automatic and 3.06 rear end.

Not a big fan of the brake-lock differential. So if it's possible to turn that off, does this thing turn into an open differential? :shrug:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...Id=125968?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

I love how thet test the top of the line Challenger against the Bullitt.

Why don't these assholes test the top dodge against our top mustang GT500??
Oh yeah they don't want to see the brand new Challenger get smoked. Challenger vs Gt500 would have ben closer in price also.

Edit: Shit i can't fix my thread topic spelling error......moderator help??? :)

or maybe ford should get their head out of their ass and make a bullit with some balls from the factory :shrug:

50 Proof

Established Member
I love the media. What they didn't say is that the two probably aren't even in the same class. What they didn't highlight is the fact that the Challenger weighs 637 pounds more, has a significantly larger engine than the Bullitt, has 110hp more than the bullitt and has almost 100ft/lb more torque than the Bullitt and it's only about a half a second quicker in the 1/4 mile because it's such a heavy pig. What they also didn't point out is that the GT500 is lighter than the Challenger, has more power/torque than the challenger, and will absolutely butt rape that challenger. Sometimes you have to take what you read with a grain of salt.

I'm curious to see how the manual Challengers will do.

Last edited:

logan_yomtov

Established Member
heres what i got from the article. 40k for a fully loaded srt8 charger. 35k for a bullitt mustang with no nav, no hids and crappy brakes(relative to the brembos on the challenger)...so if you did fully equip the bullitt with all available options, it'd cost around what the challenger costs.

They did mention however that the first year of srt8 challengers would probably have a $5000+ market adjustment in which case the gt500 would probably be a better option.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
heres what i got from the article. 40k for a fully loaded srt8 charger. 35k for a bullitt mustang with no nav, no hids and crappy brakes(relative to the brembos on the challenger)...so if you did fully equip the bullitt with all available options, it'd cost around what the challenger costs.

They did mention however that the first year of srt8 challengers would probably have a $5000+ market adjustment in which case the gt500 would probably be a better option.

So there's no martkup on the Challenger? :bored:

FEARED

Established Member
Nice write up, im suprised the margin of the 2 in the 1/4 mile wasnt more. I mean, all the hype for the challenger, and a mear 1/2 second advantage in the drag strip. Im not impressed, especially since my mach runs those times in its semi stock trim (intake/exhaust).

97samssnake

Established Member
Did anyone else notice that when MM&FF tested the Bullitt, they didn't test it against the SRT8 Charger?

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Well a Terminator was only 1/2 second quicker than a Mach1, so whats the difference? Your acting like the Challenger is a slug or something.:shrug:

Hele On

I'll make it fit
Established Member

A fully loaded Bullitt sells for less than 35k. And in my case I got mine fully loaded for 29K (X plan + rebate + lots of finagling). With that 5K I can theoretically by a fully warrantied supercharger (Roush has one that will boost hp to 425!) and have my cake and eat it too.
2438199610_bf83d44d7e_o.jpg

2438176326_df65ea0cac_o.jpg

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
I'm sorry, but the Bullitts just don't do it for me.

Yes, Edmunds isn't even comparing apples to apples. As you can see in the other post where Motor Trend tested the Charger vs. the GT500, it got it's ass handed to it soundly by the GT500.

earl lee

Established Member
I'm sorry, but the Bullitts just don't do it for me.

Yes, Edmunds isn't even comparing apples to apples. As you can see in the other post where Motor Trend tested the Charger vs. the GT500, it got it's ass handed to it soundly by the GT500.

I agree, they look like the plain jane v6 stangs.

Hele On

I'll make it fit
Established Member
Yeah the Bullitt's a sleeper alright. But it's funny every time I go somewhere people walking by it will stop, double take, then walk back to it and look at it more closely. If I'm around the compliments and questions abound. Yeah plain jane DHG V6 stang...
2438176232_8124e831c9_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread