ECu question

94venomV8

Established Member
Hey guys, I am sick and tired of this tuning bull**** with my car going on so I am just getting a new ECU I guess. my car was fine until I sent the chip out and now the theft light is flashing and the car does nothing to even try and start. I even sent the chip back and had the theft system disabled as well as the VIN ID part disabled. The tuner said he thinks the ECU went bad somehow. Anyway Im to my wits end and need to get this thing started so I can get a final tune done on it. So anyway, does anyone know where i can find an ECU coded AOL3. Ive searched on forums with no luck I can only find others with different codes. I really don't want to send my chip out again or have any problems so its just easier to get the same ECU I have. Let me know if anyone has one or where I could find one thanks.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I thought all 96-98 cobras have an LLX4 ecu with CDAN4 strategy? did your battery ever die while you were loading your tune?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I know you said you don't want to and not sure how much of a pain it would be to get the tuner to change the computer code in your tune, but I have an LLX3 from a 96 Cobra sitting around that I'd be willing to sell. I was having problems getting my car started and thought at one point I might have burnt mine up (Ironic, huh?) but it ended up being another issue and I didn't need it. I'd let it go for exactly what I paid for it.

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
will the car attempt to start without the chip??

have you called MPSautosalvage?

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
I thought all 96-98 cobras have an LLX4 ecu with CDAN4 strategy? did your battery ever die while you were loading your tune?
Nope, 98 Cobra's all use CRAJ0 strategy with AOL3 binary.
Does the theft light problem go away if you remove the chip? If so then it may be a corrupted tune on the chip. I had the same problem happen on my 98 Cobra once but was able to correct it by simply clearing the KAM.

Last edited:

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
I also have been having problems with the AOL3. A coil driver went out on my first so i dropped cyl #3. Found the second one used, got it programmed for my car at the dealership and a week later all it does is crank

94venomV8

Established Member
sorry it took so long to respond i just got done from my finals study binge! Anyway to answer questions it does the same with the chip out. Ive looked everywhere for one and can't find one. And how do you clear the KAM? I want to try that before buying a new one.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Unhook the battery and press the brakes for a few seconds to clear the KAM. That discharges the capacitors that power the KAM through short power outages.

Users who are viewing this thread