ECS Winter Beater Porsche

andymarkv

Established Member
I'm at a point in my life where all my stuff is newer and pretty nice...
So when I see stuff like this...man it looks like fun to just THRASH on something fun...but, you don't really care about!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not much to see on the driving side, but I do like him advocating owning a cool beater to, well, beat on in the winter.

My94GT

Established Member
It would definitely be a fun car to rip around in. My father has a 99 Carrera with the factory aero kit just sitting in a garage going to waste. I always debate showing it some love an tooling around in it but I just don’t care for the looks of that damn boxter front end

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm at a point in my life where all my stuff is newer and pretty nice...
So when I see stuff like this...man it looks like fun to just THRASH on something fun...but, you don't really care about!

Great video. I respect Porsche, and would only do something similar when I blow up my Fiesta ST. Good thing I have a new (spare) long block.....

andymarkv

Established Member
The problem I have is I always end up falling in love with my projects and can't drive them in the winter...
You guys may have seen the 5sp manual swapped Crown Vic...it was definitely just a beater...but I liked it too much to subject it to winter...
Need to find something cool...but not so cool that my mechanical sympathy takes over and ruins the fun of winter abuse!!
The problem is my requirements...V8 (for the sound) manual (for the fun) and cheap... Not much out there that meets that criteria.

Swine

Established Member
Yeah we all have dreams of nice neat cool new cars as kids, and then when we get them we dont drive them to their potential or enjoy them everyday because they are "special". Having a car you are perfectly fine driving the snot out of and its not to fast to immediately go to jail is a beautiful thing.

Users who are viewing this thread