Ecoboost Raptor!!

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
Minus the SVT :p

[youtube_browser]wYWE11Oo5rg[/youtube_browser]

I did not search to see if it's been posted before. If it's a repost, too bad. Wanna fight? :rolling:

Last edited:

TerminatorFTW

The Orange
Established Member
I don't know why the hell Ford can't make this option --- a nicely tuned 500hp raptor that gets 16-20mpg on the highway? I'd buy one tomorrow. My buddies averages about 10.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
While I don't think it will come to be with current body style, I wouldn't write it off just yet.

From Icon's FB page today:

Ford SVT Chief Engineer Jamal Hameedi was out at SDHQ Offroad discussing Ford F-150 SVT Raptor with Ryan and Kevin, looking at a half dozen of them they built in detail.....There was specific interest in the custom 2013 ICON 3.0 Suspension equipped ECO Boost Raptor they are putting together. Once assembled they will meet again at the Ford proving grounds to show them what it is made of!!

Timeline Photos | Facebook

In January, Jamal and his team hosted a Q&A session with a number of Raptor owners prior to the SnoBall 500 Raptor Run. When asked whether Ford would consider an Ecoboosted Raptor, they cited the pro and cons. Better torque and fuel mileage but bad heat soak.

I'm with them when they more or less said the performance of the V8 is more in line with the type of truck the Raptor is meant to be. I would love to have an EB F150 but when it comes to the Raptor, it has to be a V8.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Little known fact, SDHQ bought the old SVTP 44-foot Featherlite trailer.:beer:

Thats not bad but id still take the 6.2 with the hennessey TT kit.

If you actually want to get what you pay for you'd be better off getting your mods from Livernois.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
Little known fact, SDHQ bought the old SVTP 44-foot Featherlite trailer.:beer:

If you actually want to get what you pay for you'd be better off getting your mods from Livernois.

+million

Hennessy doesn't have the best rep around here. Livernois is an trustworthy and competent company for sure.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Thats not bad but id still take the 6.2 with the hennessey TT kit.

Are you sure this is what you want?

VelociRaptor 600 Raptor burnt to ashes... - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

11309d1347039511-velociraptor-600-raptor-burnt-ashes-img_0142.jpg

This!

And SDHQ knows that as well as they build anotherr Raptor with a blown Livernois 6.6 http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f40/texas-bound-sdhq-raptor-20332/

MOTOR.jpg

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Matt Farah calling the Ford Lightning a "hilariously useless excuse for a sport truck" just proves, once again, he's a total idiot. I stopped watching the video right after that remark.

Users who are viewing this thread