Ecoboost F150 that actually sounds good.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I have been looking at newer F150s and really want a 5.0 but the power and mpgs of the ecoboost are tempting. But like most the exhaust note is the hardest to get used to... so with that said are there any out there that actually sound good? I know being a turbo v6 You can't expect much but just seeing what's new and current.

kk_kalina

Established Member
i used to have a 2011 ecoboost f150 before i totaled itm anyways i didnt really think my exhaust all the way thru.. i 3inched all the pipe and put a flowmaster 40 on it, dumb idea as its best to have a straight threw muffler setup for turbos, anyway idle-3k sounded damn good after that tho went ricer, but the heartthrob 4in exhaust sounds pretty badass on these trucks and wish i would of gone that route

PhillyLS1

Established Member
This trucks sounds like Grand Nationals. Which is fine with me.

There are some exhaust combos you can play with.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Yeah I've decided I don't trust the ecoboost longterm reliability and maintenance costs. So I'm goinng to stick with the 5.0 or wait for a good deal on a used raptor.

fr03cobra

Established Member
i used to have a 2011 ecoboost f150 before i totaled itm anyways i didnt really think my exhaust all the way thru.. i 3inched all the pipe and put a flowmaster 40 on it, dumb idea as its best to have a straight threw muffler setup for turbos, anyway idle-3k sounded damn good after that tho went ricer, but the heartthrob 4in exhaust sounds pretty badass on these trucks and wish i would of gone that route

I have the heartthrob 4in exhaust. I still rather have the v-8 rumble.:bash:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'll have my Gibson dual side swept cat back on hopefully tomorrow if it's not nut freezing in the morning. I'll post up some vids if I get it in.

May93

Established Member
I just purchased a 2013 F-150 EcoBoost with 16,000 miles. I'm thinking exhaust also!

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
I put a Magnaflow on mine and it doesn't sound good at all. I still have the cats and they do most of the muffling. IMO it sounds like crap at WOT....I should have left it alone.

Users who are viewing this thread