Ecoboost 4cyl guys, look into Speedfactory's developments

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
https://www.speedfactoryracing.net/ford-ecoboost-mustang

These guys are local and have been at it for while with Hondas, owning every record to date for them. I was at the track today for Honda-fest with some friends and they were out running 8 flat at 190 with their record holding hatch, but also had an EB Mustang that was turning 11.3 consistently, and it surprisingly sounded great! There was a stock one running 14s and sounded awful... like worse than half the crap Civics that were out there. Couldn't find any vids of it yet but I figured it would be good to give a heads up to any of you with the Mustang or any future RS owners looking for quality stuff (Im assuming RS development with them will be a given). Speedfactory is a very reputable shop that does great work.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
We have a few local EB's and they sounded pretty mean on the dyno.

A friend has one with a few basic mods in the 11's too.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
It certainly doesn't seem like it takes much. Their fab work is awesome, and I guess they did one more run in their hatch right after I left the track and they broke their own record with a 7.87! I dont care for Hondas too much, outside of their engineering, but that is fast!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
its crazy to see how far they have come. I've know ricky and james and kevin for years. when i had my s2k i used to roll in and borrow tools all that time. so happy for those guys and how big theyve become.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
its crazy to see how far they have come. I've know ricky and james and kevin for years. when i had my s2k i used to roll in and borrow tools all that time. so happy for those guys and how big theyve become.

I dont know them personally but guys I work with do. I always have to hear them talk about how they taught them how to weld or taught them how to build transmissions, blah, blah, blah. I just think it is cool we have companies like them and ETS putting the NW on the map and driving the hobby here.

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
If they can make a exhaust system that doesn't sound like shit I would be in for it.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
If they can make a exhaust system that doesn't sound like shit I would be in for it.

I watched their car go down the track a few times and it was night and day difference to the stock EB that was running. On their website they sell Cobb's exhaust so it doesn't look like they have their own yet to offer, and I couldn't tell you if their car had the Cobb setup or their own.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

How come all the 2.3EB stuff sounds bad? I watched a few clips on mustang6g and it was appalling.

Hopefully some other brands get involved. My Exceladyne on my gen is pretty nice, and at 2.5-3k cruising it almost has a v8 drone and slight burble, and just deep moan with some slight defined notes at WOT. 2.3EB all sound like flat vacuum cleaners lol.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
How come all the 2.3EB stuff sounds bad? I watched a few clips on mustang6g and it was appalling.

Hopefully some other brands get involved. My Exceladyne on my gen is pretty nice, and at 2.5-3k cruising it almost has a v8 drone and slight burble, and just deep moan with some slight defined notes at WOT. 2.3EB all sound like flat vacuum cleaners lol.

I've heard a few sound clips of the RS and they kinda sound good stock, but every aftermarket exhaust I've heard on the net sounds like garbage. It's like every manufacturer wants the 2.3 to sound like a v8. Lolololol that's not happening.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

The ones i've heard on the dyno here sound surprisingly good. But havent heard one driving away on the street yet.

runsonboost

Established Member
They all sound bad. Probably has to do with higher compression than the old turbo 4 alot of people are used to and that stupid headifold bullshit.

I don't plan on doing much with my exhaust. Maybe a catless DP and a cutout.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
They all sound bad. Probably has to do with higher compression than the old turbo 4 alot of people are used to and that stupid headifold bullshit.

I don't plan on doing much with my exhaust. Maybe a catless DP and a cutout.

The car they had sounded more like a Nissan SR20 than a Civic if I had to compare it to anything. It was really smooth sounding but you could hear the power behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread