Ebay Nightmare. . .a.k.a.-why I no longer ship to Canada!

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Well I sold a game console on Ebay.

A person in Canada won the auction and when this person was informed that the fees/duties on the console were going to be almost $60, they were upset and now want their money back. I told them that in my auctions it says that I refund things if they were not as described. Now this person is threatening to give me negative feedback (I have 100% positive) if I don't (1) pay them $40 to help with the fees/duties or (2) refund the money.

I informed them that all this was in email, and that I would in turn send these to Ebay/PayPal if they went through with such measures.

Anyway, anyone have experience with such an issue? This is really annoying, and now I'm about sure I'll never ship anything to Canada again. :bash:

Last edited:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I just checked his feedback, and two other people had the SAME problem this guy. He was trying to get them to pay his custom fees.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
sonicboom141 said:
call ebay up

+1...the guy is trying to get something for nothing.....if he has pulled it before he obviously knew about the expenses involved..."F" him..

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I emailed them (couldn't find a number). Hopefully they'll know what to do, as I surely don't want any negative feedback. :(

6spd

Established Member
im a canadian ebayer, and im ALWAYS aware that there are customs fees.....

dont base your opinion on a single buyer... you've had a bad experiance, now for next time its simple:

put a disclaimer about the customs fees to internation buyers.

some people can be really ignorant and stupid, thats the most rediculous thing ive heard ahhah help him pay for the fee? thats just rediculous. tell his ass if he doesnt want to pay customs then he shouldnt buy anything internationally period.

Last edited:

sonicboom141

I want a cobra!
Established Member
You will give them your item # then they will read all the junk, then show the mails he is sending you or whatever and if he leaves a negative I bet they will retract it.

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
sonicboom141 said:
call ebay up
:eek: :lol: :lol1: :D

That's funny!

If you can find a number anywhere on the website, good luck getting to talk to an actual person. You're lucky to get anything more than an automated response to an email. I've been doing business on eBay for five years now and have realized that I'm entirely on my own. They have zero customer assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread