Eaton TVS powered 03 Cobra runs 10s

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I went to a private track rental at Bradenton last Saturday.
This gave me an opportunity to get lots of runs in and figure out how to drive the new combo.
Unfortunately I had a bad misfire issue at WOT and had a belt about to shred.
Thanks to Justin from Tuning for diagnosing the misfire and Tampa03Cobra(Coy) for the assistance, video and high speed run to the parts store.

There was time for one last run after I put in the plugs and replaced the belt.
The car spun bad off the line then hooked and ran hard.
60'-1.676
1/[email protected]
1/[email protected]
The new blower will definitely get me into the mid maybe low 10s.

Here is the video.
At the end you get a quick clip of Rebecca and Carter Starkey of VMPTuning.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF8ULh8-gB8"]YouTube - GT500 TVS vs 03 Cobra (???) mods[/ame]

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Very nice Rick! Congrats on being the first Terminator vert to run 10's with an Eaton.......Although a TVS Eaton! Have any idea of the power your new setup is producing?

Jroc

Established Member
Details of TVS setup please. Who did all the custom fab work to get one to fit?

x2.

Can we see what your dyno graph looks like? What kind of boost, timing, etc you're running. I would like to know to see how this stacks up against a TS, as I really what to upgrade my blower in the near future, and would like to evaluate all options.

Thanks,

Jesse

BTW Very nice!

twhitey

Established Member
Show off !!
Congrats on a 10 second pass still trying to figure out the set up I see a 9.xx in the near future with a little shot sprayed.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Congrats Rick! Can't wait to see what this thing does once you get used to it and get a little more seat time!

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
In another post he states at 20 psi the car made 630/630 at the wheels. The TVS blowers are a big step up from the prev generation Roots. Just so you guys know the ZR1 is now making 740 rwhp and 720rwtq with the same blower with the stock manifolds and catback and cam as well. These blowers are extremely impressive.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In another post he states at 20 psi the car made 630/630 at the wheels. The TVS blowers are a big step up from the prev generation Roots. Just so you guys know the ZR1 is now making 740 rwhp and 720rwtq with the same blower with the stock manifolds and catback and cam as well. These blowers are extremely impressive.

Is that right? 749rwhp? Man, that is very impressive. :rockon:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Is that right? 749rwhp? Man, that is very impressive. :rockon:
Yes sir. There is a thread in the pics and vid section. completely stock exhaust, heads, cam etc.... Just pulleys, cooling mods and a ported inlet and TB. I hope this blower is offered as a kit at a reasonable price.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member

Impressive...but what do you expect from a boosted Gen III GM? I know I'm going to get ridiculed but as far as engines go GM's are far superior.

I'd like to know what the Ford GT makes at 20psi with it's factory Twin Screw blower. I bet it would be darn close.

Users who are viewing this thread