Eaton Swapped MM's

musclemerc

Established Member
Are you guys aware that a stock Cobra comes with 2 IAT sensors?
One is upstrean (in the Cobra MAF) one is downstream (on the back of the Eaton), the PCM will pull timing depending on the readings between the 2 IAT sensors (20+ degrees above ambient temp)

So my question is this. A stock MM PCM is only capable of reading 1 IAT sensor and in the stock form it will not pull timing in the same fashion the Cobra PCM will so should you guys be swapping Cobra PCM's as well?
Then fingure out the pin configuration and tap into the harness with IAT2?

I'm sorry if my question seems stupid but this has been on my mind and I have to know, so please excuse my ignorance

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
if they swapped in cobra PCM's, they'd have to have a stand alone trans controller... I believe everyone just runs the IAT sensor on the blower and is fine.. thats how the later trilogy cars are done, the earlier ones that had it before the blower wasn't as good as a setup

Ironhand

Banned
if they swapped in cobra PCM's, they'd have to have a stand alone trans controller... I believe everyone just runs the IAT sensor on the blower and is fine.. thats how the later trilogy cars are done, the earlier ones that had it before the blower wasn't as good as a setup

Yup.

Since timing isnt pulled until the temp reaches above 140 degrees after the blower(Stock 03 Cobra IAT2 Location) then having an IAT1 sensor isnt as critical in the setup.

Ironhand

Banned
I dug a lil deeper and found the IAT1 sensor is to control the IC pump.

Not really. It works off of time. In a stock 03-04 Cobra the IC pump would start 20 seconds after startup. In a custom tune it is told to come immediately on start up. The IAT1 sensor isnt a must. However, if you want both IAT1 and IAT2 sensors in your setup.

Convert your MAF to the 05+ slot style, it has a IAT sensor built into it and you will avoid the additional harness part and sensor. Then you put the IAT2 sensor into the stock location and that should give you a working IAT1 & IAT2 sensor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread