• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svt01snake

Established Member
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on something I've found. I found a M112 blower with the throttle body, SVT manifold with built in intercooler, SVT tensioner bridge, green top SVT injectors, heat exchanger with fluid reservoir, upgraded crank pulley, heat exchanger pump, engine drive and accessory drive belts and it's for $2,500.00

My question is, can I install all this on my 5.4L Expedition, get a tune, and be good to go? Because in my opinion that seems like a good price when a Procharger is over $5K. My issue is, I don't know if there's more that I need, and also when doing a search I've come up with conflicting reports on the viability of doing this.

This thread from 2005, says go aftermarket.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/lightning-supercharger-set-up-on-an-expedition.186491/

This one, from 2008, says it shouldn't be hard and has been done already.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/5-4l-f150-add-lightning-supercharger.487313/

I know the simplest way is to just buy a Lightning, but this was my grandpa's ride and he passed away years ago, so it has significance to me. But, on the other hand, I would like it to be a little more peppy to drive. Not insane..I don't want to make it some monster, just comparable in power to what is coming from the factory today, and, you know, that beautiful whine. It's not a daily driver either, I have a 4Runner for that. I use it primarily to tow my boat so this will probably be a fall/winter project.

I guess the summary of my question is: Is this moderately easy(ish), is that a good price for a kit considering what is in it, is it missing anything, am I going to blow anything up even though I don't want crazy horsepower, what am I getting myself into?

Thank you everyone in advance for your advice.

Turomanator

Best advice is to go look on lightningrodder.com. I have seen multiple builds like this with expeditions and regular 5.4 F150s. Post the same thing on there and the people who have done it should help you and send you in the right direction.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
As long as you get all the L parts it's basically just bolting it together. You'll need to address the fuel system, stay conservative on the boost, and keep an eye on the tranny (I don't remember if the Expy has a 4R100 or 4R70).

svt01snake

Established Member
As long as you get all the L parts it's basically just bolting it together. You'll need to address the fuel system, stay conservative on the boost, and keep an eye on the tranny (I don't remember if the Expy has a 4R100 or 4R70).

It's 4wd so it has the 4R70. I figured I would run 7lbs at the maximum.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If the Expedition forum is still around look it up. A guy on there built a gen 1. I don't remember the blower he ended up running. But it had a built engine, trans, etc. I want to say it was in the low 12's.

svt01snake

Established Member
If the Expedition forum is still around look it up. A guy on there built a gen 1. I don't remember the blower he ended up running. But it had a built engine, trans, etc. I want to say it was in the low 12's.

low 12s in an Expedition? Damn. I don't know that my 01 Cobra can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread