Eaton swap help

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
I just got done with my eaton swap, but I idles like crap and the eaton has a Loud whine to it and it shows no vacuum on the gauge. I'm wondering if maybe if I hook up the iat 2 sensor wrong? I had a slot style maf and when I looked at the wires one of the wires didn't match the colors the write up said. It said to use the two outside wires and they would be gray and gray/red but my gray/red was one of the inside wires so I used the two outside wires and it makes me think maybe I should have used the gray/red? Do you think that it would make the car run like crap? I can't keep it running without giving it gas. And do you think it might have something to do with the eaton have the loud whine and no vacuum?

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, but the problem was the eaton/lower intake was not down all of the was. I did tighten down the bolts, but I had to go side to side a couple times tighting down the bolts for it to finally set all the way down.

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
Yea it was a big vacuum leak. I was so worry that the eaton was mess up with how loud it was lol.

Users who are viewing this thread