Eaton Pulley Size

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
Hey guys a little new to this site, but wanted to ask a question about pulley sizes. I was wondering whats the smallest pulley setup any one is using on there Eatons? I'm running a Steeda 2.8 right now, but I was considering running RR new 2.65 pulley for the Eaton. Just wanting to know everyone's feedback about this. Also, maybe a hand on how to elimnate belt slip if it every occurs. Thanks

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
you would be better off to go with a lower pulley to lessen the chance of belt slip
This is probably right but I'd do a port before spinning the blower any faster.

FYI- A notched tensioner with the smallest belt possible will lessen the chances of slip.

03sm3341

Established Member
Man I dont know If a snub idler would help that much against belt slip with a pulley that small. And you would be spinning the crap out of that eaton which might not be the best for it. You might be better off going with an upper and lower combo

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
Ya i was thinking that as well that i might be spinning the crap out of the eaton, but what about the rr 2.75 or the bf that people run how much diff. is that than the 2.65??

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're not going to see much of a difference going from your present 2.80 to a 2.75. You're only talking maybe .3 lbs. of additional boost. You'd be much wiser going with an upper/lower combo AFTER porting your blower to increase its efficiency at higher boost levels.

AaronK

Established Member
Ya i was thinking that as well that i might be spinning the crap out of the eaton, but what about the rr 2.75 or the bf that people run how much diff. is that than the 2.65??

I don't know many people that are running the 2.65. Many run the 2.75 with a 100mm aux. You wont notice much difference going from a 2.8 to a 2.7. I would go with a lower if you are looking for more boost and leave your upper (port before you do this) also, as stated above, the smaller the upper pulley, the greater the risk of belt slip.

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
ya but i'm just saying i have a 2.8 right now and it shows people have no problem running the 2.75, but if i go to the 2.65 from my 2.8 will i see that big of a diff. and i might just go ahead and do it just to see the numbers.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
ya but i'm just saying i have a 2.8 right now and it shows people have no problem running the 2.75, but if i go to the 2.65 from my 2.8 will i see that big of a diff. and i might just go ahead and do it just to see the numbers.
You'd be lucky to make 10hp but probably less so it's really not worth the money. Not to mention your MAF is on the edge with a 2.76 so a 2.65 may peg it.

Users who are viewing this thread