Eaton oil change writeup (pics)

DREX01AZ

Established Member
You guys sure this blower stores 8 oz. of oil? I changed it todaya nd I don't think I got that much out and I certainly didn't put that much back in. My car was level and I kept shooting oil back in until it started to come out of the drain hole, which in turn I quickly plugged. And when I was removing the blower I was shoving that hose in there in every imaginable angle trying to make sure I sucked out all the oil. Now I'm wondering if I still have a lot of old oil in there and I used 10w - 30. I'm pissed.

It's fine if you took less out than what you put in if you feel you sucked it out. On a level surface I would take the drain plug out again and allow the oil to come out since you plugged it up while it was still leveling off. Once all the fluid drains out plug it up again....just like a differential

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Anyone have issues from using motor oil?

I've got some redline 10w-30 I'm thinking about throwing in there.

bturner26

Established Member
You guys sure this blower stores 8 oz. of oil? I changed it todaya nd I don't think I got that much out and I certainly didn't put that much back in. My car was level and I kept shooting oil back in until it started to come out of the drain hole, which in turn I quickly plugged. And when I was removing the blower I was shoving that hose in there in every imaginable angle trying to make sure I sucked out all the oil. Now I'm wondering if I still have a lot of old oil in there and I used 10w - 30. I'm pissed.

Agreed...No way 8oz came out and I did not even use a whole bottle of GM supercharger oil before it came flowing out of the hole.....Any ideas?

Spoolx

Established Member
Nice write up, I just changed mine.. I dont know if I would use motor oil though. The stuff that came out was definitely not motor oil and the new supercharger oil is definitely different.. its more of a mineral oil

03VenomBite

Established Member
Nice write-up and I will not be using the motor oil! It's cheaper to buy the right stuff then a new supercharger!

tv's 03

Established Member
Anyone read here?

FAQ for Superchargers

You do not need to change it, they don't recommend it. Mine has about 60,000 miles no problems, no changes, and been pullied the whole time

IRACEMYCOPCAR

Cobra driver
Established Member
Anyone read here?

FAQ for Superchargers

You do not need to change it, they don't recommend it. Mine has about 60,000 miles no problems, no changes, and been pullied the whole time

If you kept reading it says:

"Also, if your vehicle has an abnormally heavy duty cycle, such as racing or towing, you could consider changing the oil at regular intervals such as 20k, 30k, 50k, or 100k miles depending on usage."

I would consider any pullied eaton to have an abnormally heavy duty cycle therefore needing regular oil changes.

I will be changing mine with blower oil. There are just certain things you shouldnt try to be cheap with and oils/filters are one of them. You wouldnt put motor oil in your rear diff would you???

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
help im having a hard time finding a syringe?
Tractor Supply carries a large syringe. Also, look for a Bird Show in your area. They sell syringes for hand rasing baby birds (for feeding them formula). I use smaller ones for applying silicone seal. Easier to control than coming out of the tube, even with their tip on.

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
Thank you airmanb2b. I just used this tutorial today to change the oil in my SC and it went very smooth. Thank you again.

Beetle6986

Established Member
It says right on the Eaton link posted previously not to use any oil other than supercharger oil.

"New oil can be obtained from any GM or Ford service parts facility, or from one of the Eaton aftermarket supercharger partner companies or remanufacturers. Please make sure you do NOT use any other type of oil, including synthetic motor oils. These will cause failure."

Users who are viewing this thread