Eaton oil change writeup (pics)

airmanb2b

Established Member
Did a similar writeup like the fuel filter change I did awhile back. Took me about 10-15 minutes start to finish first time

Parts and Tools Required

1 large syringe (any pharmacy)
1 quart Mobil 10w30 (only need about 8 oz)
3/16 allen wrench
2 rags
1 small bowl or cup (to put old oil in)
about 6 inches of clear fish tank hose (any pet department)

100_0549.jpg

First step is to locate the oil drain/fill plug

100_0543.jpg

Use the the 3/16 allen wrench and unscrew the plug. The plug will be tight the first time. Don't worry. Just put a little ass into it. Lay rags under the plug. You will get a bit of oil out. It's inevitable so just let it drain on the rags. Watch how it flows out. That's important later.

100_0545.jpg

Push the hose into the hole as far as it will go and suck out the oil. It will take a bit depending on the size of syringe. Repeat until you get only air. Put oil in cup or bowl. My oil was medium brown and smelled like pure shit.

100_0546.jpg

100_0547.jpg

Once the Eaton is empty, you will have some oil in the hose that you cannot get out. Purge the line with new oil to get the old out of the hose.

100_0548.jpg

Keep filling the syringe with new oil and squirting it into the eaton until it flows out like it did when you first removed the plug. Should hold about 8oz or so give or take. If you have small fingers, you can stick your pinky in the hole and feel the oil. Should be level with the bottom of the drain/fill hole.

Once the oil is flowing out freely and you cannot put anymore in, install the plug. Don't overtighten! Just snug.

I did get a good bit of oil past the rag and couldn't get all the oil wiped up, so I sprayed some carb cleaner on the block where the oil was sitting to help evaporate it out.

Good luck! :coolman:

- Aj -

Established Member
Thanks! I am due for this. Never changed the fluid and Im just about at 30k miles. Pullied for about 2k.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the quick PM Airmanb2b. I'll add the info to my website today. It will surely help others in the future. :)

palehorse

Established Member
1 quart Mobil 10w30 (only need about 8 oz)

Here is perhaps a stupid question, but does it matter if it is synthetic or a blend or the good old reqular stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread