• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Eaton noise?

Discussion in 'The Blower Bistro' started by AnarchyVA, Aug 22, 2019.

1. AnarchyVA

AnarchyVA Member Established Member

My car was making this noise a few months ago. Since then I rebuilt the Eaton snout and upgraded the alternator. Replaced the water pump and both belts at the same time.

Now it’s making this noise again.

Thoughts?

BLOWN9646 likes this.
  2. BLOWN9646

BLOWN9646 E85 COBRA Established Member

Did you take the belt off and spin the pullies? I'd be replacing those stockers asap either way

c6zhombre and AnarchyVA like this.
  3. AnarchyVA

Yeah I replaced both belts. And spun each pulley. They all felt fine. I do want to replace them. And will soon. I want to spend the time and money on the current problems first. Between this Cobra and the two Nissans I’ve done nothing but work on them all all summer long. I’m over it.

4. 4sdvenom

4sdvenom Never Enough! Established Member

Check the pulleys on the 2 belt tensioners if you haven’t.

5. AnarchyVA

They are on my list to check this weekend. They are just too easy of a fix so I’m sure they won’t be the problem. Plus it isn’t a squeaking sound. It’s more of a humming sound. Sounds like a motor almost.

6. AnarchyVA

I think I figured out what it may be. In part. In most. When I first installed the supercharger pulley I installed it backwards. When I first started the car the pulley ground against the snout and ate into the aluminum snout. The heat from the friction I think melted the oil seal. And after a drive or two the oil slung out past the seal into the engine bay. Now the blower is practically empty of oil.

HOPEFULLY the noise is from lack of oil AND.....there is no permanent damage. HOPEFULLY i can rebuild the snout AGAIN, refill it with oil, and it will be fine.......