Eaton/Nitrous Question

layzie

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about adding the Zex Blackout kit to my '03 but I have a few questions. I have a Posi ported blower and a BAP currently installed. I also have 60# injectors. Here are my questions:

1) Should I go with a wet or dry kit?
2) Am I going to have to change my fuel system i.e. GT pumps,return style etc?
3)Will I have any driveability problems if I race without the Juice?

I appreciate any feed back I can get.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about adding the Zex Blackout kit to my '03 but I have a few questions. I have a Posi ported blower and a BAP currently installed. I also have 60# injectors. Here are my questions:

1) Should I go with a wet or dry kit?
2) Am I going to have to change my fuel system i.e. GT pumps,return style etc?
3)Will I have any driveability problems if I race without the Juice?

I appreciate any feed back I can get.

I have the Zex wet kit with a BAP and run a 125 shot. I am getting my s/c to POSI as we speak for porting. From all the people I talked to, I should be fine running a 100 wet shot with just the BAP and 60's with a port. Will also be getting a SCT Maf.

You will probably want a separate tune for when your using nitrous. I ended up going with SCT 4 bank switch chip which allows me to have 4 different tunes by the turn of a knob. Might be worth while for you unless you want to plug in the handheld every time to change them.

Anyone else with experience should chime in. Hope this helps. :beer:

Last edited:

layzie

Established Member
Thanks for the reply Razor. Let me know how it works for you. Don't forget to post them numbers :D

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I have the Zex wet kit with a BAP and run a 125 shot. I am getting my s/c to POSI as we speak for porting. From all the people I talked to, I should be fine running a 100 wet shot with just the BAP and 60's with a port. Will also be getting a SCT Maf.

You will probably want a separate tune for when your using nitrous. I ended up going with SCT 4 bank switch chip which allows me to have 4 different tunes by the turn of a knob. Might be worth while for you unless you want to plug in the handheld every time to change them.

Anyone else with experience should chime in. Hope this helps. :beer:

What other mods do you have? :beer:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
tune it with the sct flip chip

get a WET kit

you should be fine with the BAP and 60's but if you wanna be safe id get twin GT pumps

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
It's even more safe because there is less boost on an unported. Not to mention our stock fuel systems with just a BAP is more than adequate enough for a 125 wet shot and 8-12lbs of boost.
Oh okay, very good. Right now all I have is intake, exhaust, pulley and tune with SCT handheld; could I get a BAP, Nitrous kit, a seperate tune for the Nos and be good to go with a 125 shot?

Don't mean to jack your thread OP, just curious as well. Thanks!

hinds04

Established Member
What exactly is the difference in boost between ported and unported again...? From what I've heard/seen boost only comes when the blower is spun faster via pulley change

Last edited:

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Oh okay, very good. Right now all I have is intake, exhaust, pulley and tune with SCT handheld; could I get a BAP, Nitrous kit, a seperate tune for the Nos and be good to go with a 125 shot?

Don't mean to jack your thread OP, just curious as well. Thanks!

Yup. That's been my exact setup all year. :beer:

What exactly is the difference in boost between ported and unported again...? From what I've heard/seen boost only comes when the blower is spun faster via pulley change

Well the entire purpose in porting is to create more, and more efficient airflow so you can reduce the pulley size, spin the compressor faster and create more boost. :thumbsup:

hinds04

Established Member
then why do I make 17.5 lbs with a 2.8/4lb posi race port and my buddy makes 17.5 w/ a 2.8/4lb and no port... better/more air flow doesnt mean more boost

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
then why do I make 17.5 lbs with a 2.8/4lb posi race port and my buddy makes 17.5 w/ a 2.8/4lb and no port... better/more air flow doesnt mean more boost

The efficiency isnt' there for your buddy. How do his hp #'s compare to yours? If you say they are comparable, why did you and so many others port? :shrug: :lol:

Anyways, not posting to start a pissing match, was just trying to help the OP and answer a few questions from my experiences. Others with more experience/knowledge are encouraged to chime in. :burnout:

jdgt03

Established Member

Wont having a 2.8/4lb lower on a stock eaton over spin the blower? I thought about doing the same but a 2.8/2lb lower on stock eaton but have read too many threads not to do this? Would it be pointless to do this but then again ill have it when i get posi to port my eaton.

03yellow

Established Member
2.76/4lb lower unported 17.5 lbs 465 rwhp
2.76/4lb ported 16lbs boost 492 rwhp
Port will decrease boost increase Hp.

Had 60lb injectors bap. Added 100 shot and had to get GT pumps. Anything over 525should have 60injectors, nap and Gt pumps.

hinds04

Established Member
The efficiency isnt' there for your buddy. How do his hp #'s compare to yours? If you say they are comparable, why did you and so many others port? :shrug: :lol:

Anyways, not posting to start a pissing match, was just trying to help the OP and answer a few questions from my experiences. Others with more experience/knowledge are encouraged to chime in. :burnout:

I said nothing about HP... This was a question of boost. Talk to Posi... before I ported I asked him how my boost will be affected he said something along the lines of slim to none. If the blower isnt spinning faster no more boost will be made

jamescb77

Established Member
I said nothing about HP... This was a question of boost. Talk to Posi... before I ported I asked him how my boost will be affected he said something along the lines of slim to none. If the blower isnt spinning faster no more boost will be made

No one is saying more boost will be made with a ported blower. It's actually the opposite, less boost will be made. How much less well that really depends on the port but there will be less due to more efficient flow of air.

Users who are viewing this thread