Easiest way to show emissions readiness?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I need a scan tool that will tell me when all four non continuous monitors are ready. If there's a way to check it with SCT software, that would be great. Easiest and cheapest way to KNOW all four monitors are ready, doesn't have to be fancy. Thank you in advance.

AKDMB

Established Member
I have heard this before, can any of the tuners and knowledgeable people on here confirm this?

1. Turn the key on(second position)

2. Wait 10 seconds

-If your CEL flashes 8 times then your 02's are turned off in your tune.

-If your CEL flashes 7 times, then your 02's and other sensors are simply not ready

-If your CEL stays solid then everything is good to go and you have achieved full OBD2 Readiness

Last edited:

daustin

Established Member
I have heard this before, can any of the tuners and knowledgeable people on here confirm this?

1. Turn the key on(second position)

2. Wait 10 seconds

-If your CEL flashes 8 times then your 02's are turned off in your tune.

-If your CEL flashes 7 times, then your 02's and other sensors are simply not ready

-If your CEL stays solid then everything is good to go and you have achieved full OBD2 Readiness

This worked for me on my '12 but it was 15 seconds. Mine flashed 8 times and when I went for a test they told me my rear o2's were not ready. Had the tuner check the tune and they were off even though I had cats. Loaded new tune, drove for 60 miles and CEL stayed on steady after 15 seconds. Got the test and all was good.

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
Android users can use an app called TORQUE. It is very good, and requires the ODBII port connector.

Apple user can use Dash Command or DashBoss. Also requires a ODBII port connector.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I ordered a Bluetooth connector for iOS last night. I'll download dash command as soon as it comes in. Thanks guys.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I've been doing the drive cycles over and over, and I absolutely can't get the heated O2 code to reset. This causes the O2 test to also not complete, which leaves two "not ready".

Before I change everything back to stock, does anyone have experience with switching those codes to N/A for the inspection test? It shows all codes as "ready" then, but the O2 codes aren't in the list for the car when it's done that way. I wanted to ask before I gave it a try at the inspection. There are many codes listed as N/A on the scanner even in stock form, so I thought maybe it would be overlooked.

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
I believe if it says NA (Not Available) then you are fine. When it shows Incomplete, they will fail it.

I also feel that depending on who is inspecting the car, that if certain ones show NA, they would tend to look at the car a little more. They do this everyday, and an 02 showing NA would throw a red flag for me.

Users who are viewing this thread