E85. Very lean condition!!!

lshin037

Established Member
I just got done installing the Sai Li fuel system. Set the base pressure to 55 psi and kept the vacuum reference port open to atmosphere per tuner commendation. They sent me the base tune which is limited to 5K rpm and I did my idle, Rev (1500, 2500, 3500) and Slow RPM climb logs. It showing 60% lean. AFR1 is showing anywhere from 1 - 1.4 lambda. The gauge is showing AFR1 at 18 - 19 and AFR2 at 15-15.8. Tuner asked me to check for any loose pipes. Cant find any loose pipes or fuel leaks. Any pointers? Any help is appreciated.

MG0h3

Established Member
By loose pipes did he mean fuel lines? He should be able to lead you in some sort of a direction based on the logs. If he’s asking about leaks, I’m guessing your fuel pressure is dropping under load. Doesn’t sound like your last log had boost though.

Easiest way to look for leaks is to jumper the pumps on with the engine off. Crank the fuel pressure up to 75 or 80; or at least what you’ll see under max boost.

If it holds, it’s not a fuel delivery problem, mechanical anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

lshin037

Established Member
It was a mixup on my part. I didn’t know I was supposed to begin with a 93 datalog. I was running E85 on a 93 base tune. It’s been corrected and I’m on my 3rd revision. Thank you both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread