E85 Terminator

jbou91

Established Member
Need some help, looking for some more power and my whipple is about maxed out on pump gas @ 17psi. Looking to up the boost and convert over to E85 to hopefully knock on 700rwhp.

Car has a 2.3 Whipple with dual ford GT pumps, dual FPDM and 60lb injectors and a 2600 SCT MAF.

Any suggestions?

willis414

Established Member
If the numbers in your sig are your current power levels, I would guess on E85 youd be around 650hp and 570tq.Injectors are small for E85 so those numbers might be tough to get...

My advice... 2.9 whipple, 80 inj., BA3000, E85. You'd be above 700 easy.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You will need 80# or ID1000's, a BAP turned up to MAX, and a -8 fuel line upgrade at minimum.

I would go with a return style system and sell what you have.

My choice would be the Fore L1E kit and ID1050X's personally.

94slowbra1

Established Member
You will need 80# or ID1000's, a BAP turned up to MAX, and a -8 fuel line upgrade at minimum.

I would go with a return style system and sell what you have.

My choice would be the Fore L1E kit and ID1050X's personally.
this the exact set up i run in my 03 with a tvs on e85. kevin just finished the tuning on it and it is nasty. i run 2 walbro 465 pumps with the above system. the 1050x injector is smooth and very streetable. my car drives better now than it did with the 60s and 93

svt_snapp

Established Member
If you decide to go E85 then I would go to return style system. I highly recommend Fore. I had zero problems with my setup. Also you will need bigger injectors. I have a set of NIB ID1050x injectors that I will sale you. PM if interested.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
I've hit 700 with a 2.9L Whipple on 3.5 inch pulley at sea level.. ID1000's, return fuel system, 23* degrees of timing.. I run a 3 inch pulley at 5-7000 feet now in Colorado... never dyno'ed it here. Makes about 17-18 psi at 7000 feet though.

If you do go return style, install something to cool the fuel down or you will run into various problems... some folks dead head the rails and keep the regulator out of the engine bay... I took the easier, albeit not as safe, approach of installing a heat exchanger in front of the condenser. The problem is that the fuel pump runs full bore all the time and it only takes a couple minutes to completely circulate all the fuel in the tank. The engine bay and fuel rails sit right next to the boiling blower and constantly heat the fuel to the ambient temperature around the blower. I've had my fuel pump overheat on me, and I have also had hot starting problems, and lean conditions when the fuel gets to hot after longer trips.

After I ran my fuel through a heat exchanger, all these problems were cured.

Users who are viewing this thread