E85 setup help

Wayne64SS

Established Member
I have a VERY mild setup for wanting to run E85, but none the less I want to run it. All I have currently is K&N, SCT tune, and off road exhaust.

The new setup I have planned is:
Posi race ported blower and inlet, ported stock TB, 2.76 upper only.

My planned fuel system is , FRPP 80s, GT pumps in stock hat, pprv delete, and MAYBE dual FPDMs. I have a BAP laying around I could throw at it if need be, and I was planning on running an SCT BA2600 for MAF help.

Will this be sufficient with E85? Do i need the FPDMs or can I just run a BAP? Curious as to what these cars actually do, as mine has never even been pullied.

I also looked into Lethal's return setup, but I don't know that its needed here. If i do this the car will stay this way for awhile.

Thanks in advance guys! I need to order this stuff soon!!

Ironhand

Banned
A return setup is not needed in your case. However, if you ever have the idea or want to go twin screw in the future then I strongly recommend you going return style now. Or you will have to do the fuel system twice and spend a lot more money.

80s are fine. As well as your maf. But I would avoid the pprv delete because I'm not sure how well the gates hose will work with E-85. I would run the Fore hat to avoid issues with this. Ive seen several guys that have had the lines pop off in the tank. But if your gonna run the fore hat, might as well switch to return style and do it once.

Twin fpdms are the way to go and fairly easy to wire up and a bap shouldn't be needed but you could add it later.

If you do go return style get the triple hat from the start as when you get it, it will run just two pumps. If you need a 3rd pump later on then just get the upgrade kit that comes with the 3-1 y block and the fittings for the hat.

lee4him

Established Member
Ironhand is right, if you're even remotely interested in a TS then do it right the first time and go return. You'll thank yourself when you decide its time to step up to the Whipple or KB. HP is addicting and once you have a little you always want more.

As for the items you have listed, If you decide to stay returnless, then go with 2 FPDMs. There are plenty of good wire diagrams to help you save some money versus buying an aftermarket harness. The other items should be fine but the stock hat would need modified but from what I understand it's really not worth the hassle hence the reason you see so many running the FORE hats. When I was in your shoes trying to decide what to do (of course I wanted to do it right but for the best price possible), it just so happened a friend of ours' brother died from multiple burns over 3/4 of his body due to a fuel leak in his vehicle which caught fire (was not a cobra and had nothing to do with mods. Really just an accident). This spooked me into doing it right. Just didn't want to play around with fuel. So I opted to ditch the modded fuel hat idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you can mod it to work without worries but I just decided to spend the extra money for added peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread