E85 Returnless. How much power has been had?!

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
First off, I want to say, that this is not a "return vs a returnless" debate. I'd like for it not to venture that way. Please refrain from "you are pushing the returnless too far" and "that is not going to last" comments. I am only curious how much power has been seen with e85, on a returnless system!

I am scheduled for a tune update on dec 1, for my switch to the corn. I have 3 "upgraded" ford gt pumps with 3 driver modules and a 8ga feed wire. -8 fuel line, fore rails, bosch 105lb injectors.

Currently, on 80lb injectors, with 91 and torco mix, the car makes 780's on 2 different local mustang dyno's and made 876 (followed by 856) on a dynojet.

I am not 100% sure 105's will be enough, since the car makes more power than expected (stock motor, 78mm on 21 psi, 16* timing). But, we will see how far I get. I'd like to see ~825 mustang dyno.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I think the 105's will be fine. 04sleeper did 714rwhp with 2 GT pumps and BAP. I can't imagine the headache that thing will be to tune returnless but goodluck.

03Steve

Established Member
I saw Marshall Carpenter run an 8.97@151 with a returnless at Bowling Green this year.

Regulars520

Established Member
Not to High jack your thread at all but on my 99 I am converting to E85 and have 2 svt focus pumps and a bap and 80's which I will be upgrading to 1d 1000's. I read you have 3 FPDMS and stock 03-04 comes with dual or single FPDM? 99/01 Have single FPDM. How did you wire in that third FPDM? Did you tap into the existing FPDM and just run it to the second or thrid pump? EDIT: Nevermind Found a diagram :)

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Not to High jack your thread at all but on my 99 I am converting to E85 and have 2 svt focus pumps and a bap and 80's which I will be upgrading to 1d 1000's. I read you have 3 FPDMS and stock 03-04 comes with dual or single FPDM? 99/01 Have single FPDM. How did you wire in that third FPDM? Did you tap into the existing FPDM and just run it to the second or thrid pump? EDIT: Nevermind Found a diagram :)

Factory 03/04 is a single fpdm also. I had a bracket and harness made for 3 from a member here, Black306.

Tractionless1

Established Member

Have you conformed the Focus pumps are E85 compatible?

Regulars520

Established Member
Have you conformed the Focus pumps are E85 compatible?

Depends on where you look. Theres a mix of people saying yes and people saying no. I'm new to E85 with fuel injection but not new to E85. I built my wifes 70 Mach1 to run on E85. From my personal expierence playing with E85 is that I have not seen to many pumps that fail do to corrosive issues but do to being overworked or not prefiltered correctly. I run a 200LPH external pump to her 395 stroker with 13.5:1 compression without issue. I know from hands on that if you use a paper filter you run the risk of clogging due to the glue coming undone after excessive exposure to ethanol. I run stainless mesh filters before the pump and before the carb. If you are using a steel tank I have found that you will be fighting internal rust issues and build up in the filters and pump if you do not run a filter prior to the pump. Due to ethanol absorbing water out of the air. I usually make sure her tank is full during storage times to keep the rust to a minimum. Not saying what I know is how it is, its just what I have personally expierenced. I honestly dont think my twin focus pumps with a bap are going to meet what I am wanting to produce. Which is roughly high 600 low 700 at the wheels. So Ill probably be swapping them out anyway.

Last edited:

JeremyH

Established Member
What is you base pressure? At around50-60psi base pressure I could see 850-900rwhp granted everything is running good. You upgraded the feed line to 8an, did you upgrade the filter or clean/change it recently?

Users who are viewing this thread