E85 questions non ported eaton

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Blah......Not worth it in may book.

I say spend more on fuel and go slower.......:poke:

Congrats. I made the switch to E85 earlier this year and I'm about to get silly with it. Just installed 160# injectors, a stand alone and have a spare shortblock waiting the garage just in case :beer:........

Damn!! I need to figure out what size injectors for my combo on E-85 as well. I'm going to do it right the first time....

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Florida must have the weirdest gas prices in all the country......

2.58 for E85, and 6.85 for 110??? Wow.

Its 2.09, and 9.50 here......

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
California blows... Last night I had to get some gas.
91 oct was $3.41
100 oct was $7.99
We only have 2 E85 stations in Los Angeles. One is on the the far west side and the other is on the far east side. With traffic that is a couple hours of driving for me to get E85.

Jroc

Established Member
Your DEAD Wrong there buddy. Weather you like to believe it or not! E85 kills 93 Octane and your "Precious" 110. Any way you look at it. The stuff was made for boost.

You get ZERO cooling benefit from either of your fuels. Make a run against a same exact spec car with E85 and it will always win. Plain and simple.

The difference is when your "Heaton" is DONE after one pass, the E85 car will make the power over and over due to the cooling. Pass after pass. Your 93 will fall on it's face due to heat and is pushing the envelope of detonation. With E85 you will NEVER reach that threshold.

Go ahead and keep your car on the edge of detonation and heat and I'll take the motor that will last running on E85!

At $2 per gallon it really is "Liquid Gold"!

Ding, ding, ding, ding. Somebody hand this man a cigar.

IMO E85 is an awesome tool for Terminators particularly on a stock shortblock.

Whats the most important things to keeping a modded Terminator motor health?

-Of course you need a good tune.

-You need to keep it having enough fuel which goes hand, and hand with your tune.

-Lastly you need to keep it cool.

There have been hundreds if not thousands of factory Terminator motors bite the dust because their owners feel that they should double the cars boost, and do extend high RPM pulls, and act like everything is going to be ok, and they burn a hole in one of their pistons or scar up a cylinder skirt because of it. The factory pistons aren't a flawed piece for a stock motor running stock boost, but they weren't intended to cope with the abuse, and pressures that people put on them. Their piston rings sit too far up on the pistons, and there's not enough piston to cylinderwall clearance to deal with the heat created when people subject them to the loads sustained WOT pulls in their overdrive gears places on them. The cooling properties E85 has is reason enough for some people to want to run E85. I know people who race boats with blown BBC motors that went from C16 to E85 to reap the cooling benefits of E85.

Seriously how awesome is it that we have a cheap fuel available that burns like race gas, but also has a cooling effect to it.

I'm not saying that people should just convert to E85, and go run there factory motors at WOT in 5th/6th gear, but it certain will help the motor last longer than it otherwise would. It would probably also be an excellent choice for road races who put constant abuse on the car for a sustained time. I know they're going to get worse MPG, but still.

Most L owners I've talked to that have gone E85(not a lot) claim that they get about the same MPG all the time whether their frequently stepping on the gas petal or their just cruising down the highway, but IDK.

GoatSlayer

Banned
Ding, ding, ding, ding. Somebody hand this man a cigar.

IMO E85 is an awesome tool for Terminators particularly on a stock shortblock.

Whats the most important things to keeping a modded Terminator motor health?

-Of course you need a good tune.

-You need to keep it having enough fuel which goes hand, and hand with your tune.

-Lastly you need to keep it cool.

There have been hundreds if not thousands of factory Terminator motors bite the dust because their owns feel that they should double the cars boost, and do extend high RPM pulls, and act like everything is going to be ok, and they burn a hole in one of their pistons or scar up a cylinder skirt because of it. The factory pistons aren't a flawed piece for a stock motor running stock boost, but they weren't intended to cope with the abuse, and pressures that people put on them. Their piston ring sit too far up on the pistons, and there's not enough piston to cylinderwall clearance to deal with the heat created when people subject them to the loads sustained WOT pulls in their overdrive gears places on them. The cooling properties E85 has is reason enough for some people to want to run E85. I know people who race boats with blown BBC motors that went from C16 to E85 to reap the cooling benefits of E85.

Seriously how awesome is it that we have a cheap fuel available that burns like race gas, but also has a cooling effect to it.

I'm not saying that people should just convert to E85, and go run there factory motors at WOT in 5th/6th gear, but it certain will help the motor last longer than it otherwise would. It would probably also be an excellent choice for road races who put constant abuse on the car for a sustained time. I know they're going to get worse MPG, but still.

Most L owners I've talked to that have gone E85(not a lot) claim that they get about the same MPG all the time whether their frequently stepping on the gas petal or their just cruising down the highway, but IDK.

Now you Sir deserve an even bigger Cigar!!!!!!X10000000000.:beer::rockon::
And who mods there cobras for better MPG?

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
I dont understand at all how there can be any argument against E85 at all. I really dont. there are a million benefits that have been proven, and none bad besides" it burns a little faster"

Here in IL there are many, many guys running it with different cars and applications,and you can get it at virtually every motormart. Most of these guys, have reported their engines running cleaner, lasting longer between things breaking, and this is across the board. These guys have been running it for a few years too.

all the naysayers out there are just skeptical. Its okay, ill be another one here in the spring to run it with great results on a twin screw.
if your skeptical dont buy it! its more for the rest of (the smart ones) us! haha

Users who are viewing this thread