Ok, I have the basic bolt ons,
2.8 pulley
Idlers
Exhaust
All intercoolers
Ported tb
Cai
Tuned at 91 with 466hp 480tq

My question is what Is needed with these mods for e85. I WILL GO TWIN SCREW IN THE FUTURE. so that being said, I want to get 80lbs inj. Boost a pump, tune, what else is needed?
I will be running with current setup for a year. So I want to be prepared for twin screw and not have to buy new things

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If you are going Twin Screw then you will need the following.

If staying Returnless: (My Current Set Up)
Fore Fuel Hat, Twin GT Pumps, Dual FPDM's, 40 Amp BAP, Wiring Upgrade, -8 line to the rails, 80# injectors.

If going with a Return Style Fule System:
Fore Fuel Hat, Twin Walbro GSS342 Pumps, Fore Rails, Fuel Pressure Regulator, 80# Injectors, -8 line to the rails -6 return line.

Obviously a new tune will be required for either.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Sleeper needs an entrance song, or some sort of BATsignal anytime someone mentions E85. :lol:
LOL....
batman.gif

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
If you are going Twin Screw then you will need the following.

If staying Returnless: (My Current Set Up)
Fore Fuel Hat, Twin GT Pumps, Dual FPDM's, 40 Amp BAP, Wiring Upgrade, -8 line to the rails, 80# injectors.

If going with a Return Style Fule System:
Fore Fuel Hat, Twin Walbro GSS342 Pumps, Fore Rails, Fuel Pressure Regulator, 80# Injectors, -8 line to the rails -6 return line.

Obviously a new tune will be required for either.

this dude knows his shit... :thumbsup:

lguizar12

Established Member
I'm wondering how much power I will gain with my current setup. I am waiting on how that 2.9 twin screw is gonna do :). Will I need a 4lb lower?

gabe1530

Banned
there was an article in one of the mustang mags of a terminator - pully only - switching to e85. he gained around 15 hp/trq across the entire band. probly would be higher with the 4lb lower you want.
with a ts, obviously the gains are a lot more substantial.
in cali, i wouldnt switch yet as there arent many stations but its up to you.

lguizar12

Established Member
Current setup? Not enough to constitute the price of the fuel system.

In whose book? Lol I am going to do it with a twin screw 100% sure. Instead of buying everything at once I would buy the fuel system just to not take a hit in my wallet all at once. I'm not looking for a huge power gain with my current system, I just want to b ready for the twin screw.:beer:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
In whose book? Lol I am going to do it with a twin screw 100% sure. Instead of buying everything at once I would buy the fuel system just to not take a hit in my wallet all at once. I'm not looking for a huge power gain with my current system, I just want to b ready for the twin screw.:beer:

+1

When it comes time for me to get a TS, I wanna just do a blower swap! :rockon:

Tractionless1

Established Member

Um, IMO the cost of the fuel system parts alone is not worth picking up 15whp (as estimateed above) on an EATON not a twin screw. Read again :poke: I said the op's CURRENT SETUP. Go find me a thread where someone picked up 40+ whp by switching to an E85 fuel system ONLY with an Eaton and I'll change my mind.

lguizar12

Established Member
Once again, I am not doing it for the initial power, i don't care of I gain 0 power since I know that once I go twin screw I will gain A LOT of power. I just don't want to spend 5 grand at once or whatever the cost is. Since I am doing it anyways why not get all the fuel stuff out of the way and save up more, then just slap on the twin screw and tune. I am only paying An extra tune when it's all said and done.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Um, IMO the cost of the fuel system parts alone is not worth picking up 15whp (as estimateed above) on an EATON not a twin screw. Read again :poke: I said the op's CURRENT SETUP. Go find me a thread where someone picked up 40+ whp by switching to an E85 fuel system ONLY with an Eaton and I'll change my mind.
Highest HP Ported Eaton Number? :read: :beer:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Once again, I am not doing it for the initial power, i don't care of I gain 0 power since I know that once I go twin screw I will gain A LOT of power. I just don't want to spend 5 grand at once or whatever the cost is. Since I am doing it anyways why not get all the fuel stuff out of the way and save up more, then just slap on the twin screw and tune. I am only paying An extra tune when it's all said and done.

I'm wondering how much power I will gain with my current setup. I am waiting on how that 2.9 twin screw is gonna do :). Will I need a 4lb lower?

I know you aren't doing for initial power BUT you did "wonder" how much gain you could expect in the 2nd quote above huh? Not to mention the thread title is "E85 Questions Non-Ported Eaton." And is why I posted IMO it's not worth the $$ for the posted 15whp increase. By all means as I said before run E85 on a twin screw, but don't expect the world with an Eaton.

Good thing its not your car, or money, then. :beer:

:sleeping:, is that all ya got?

I'm I supposed to be impressed by 542whp 557 TQ or is there a Wednesday car somewhere in that 10 pg. thread I'm missing? I'm sure the above numbers have been attained with petroleum racegas as well. In fact I could probably attain them on my setup currently registering 519/566 SAE on 93 oct. and 17* timing.

1-31-09aDyno.gif

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I'm I supposed to be impressed by 542whp 557 TQ or is there a Wednesday car somewhere in that 10 pg. thread I'm missing? I'm sure the above numbers have been attained with petroleum racegas as well. In fact I could probably attain them on my setup currently registering 519/566 SAE on 93 oct. and 17* timing.

1-31-09aDyno.gif
The car ended up making more than that later and he only made 470 on regular pump gasoline. So I would say the HP increase was a lot more than 15 RWHP as you say.

And regardless, it DID make 27 more HP than your car on your expensive Race Gas.

Users who are viewing this thread