E85 question

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I am thinking about getting a race tune for E85. I'd run a smaller pulley and more timing obviously but I would probably only use this tune a few times a month. What would I need to change in my setup so i am able to run E85. I know i'd need bigger injectors but are there certain items required to run this fuel?

My fore fuel hat does not have the E85 coating.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I am thinking about getting a race tune for E85. I'd run a smaller pulley and more timing obviously but I would probably only use this tune a few times a month. What would I need to change in my setup so i am able to run E85. I know i'd need bigger injectors but are there certain items required to run this fuel?

My fore fuel hat does not have the E85 coating.
some fore hats you can not run e-85 ? which ones? i got the first fore hat to come out it's black ? i wanted to run e85 also

Teej281

Established Member
Black ones are hard anodized. Thats essentially the E85 coating. There are plenty of people running the regular fuel hat with E85 just fine.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Ok thanks fellas for pointing me here. So now my question is will my fuel setup hold up against E85. Again, i know ill have to upgrade injectors and prolly get a BAP but will anything go bad in my fuel system if i switch? I bought my fuel system from Lethal.

Teej281

Established Member
Nah dude. There are plenty of people using the gt pumps and regular hat on their E85 built cars. And I would go ahead and get ID1000's, which are a 100ish lb injector which will hold you for now and for future plans ;) they'll support like 900rwhp E85 and well over 1000rwhp on petrol fuel.

Also might want to look into larger fuel line just to be able to handle higher hp.

Last edited:

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Talk about over kill haha. I won't need those for a few more years and they are a little out of my price range right now.

BruceH

Established Member
I'm using it in an s197. Running gt500 pumps and flow matched 80's from corvetteinjectors.com That's it. The pumps will only flow enough for 14 psi of boost but the motor makes 575 rwhp with only 21 degrees of timing.

If some part of my fuel system goes I'll replace it. Most cars built this century already have lines that are compatible with ethanol. I've ran e10 (used to be called gasahol) back in the 70's and 80's in 60's and 70's vintage cars with no issues. YMMV.

blacknlte

Established Member
Talk about over kill haha. I won't need those for a few more years and they are a little out of my price range right now.

Its not really over kill if you have future plans of making more power. Look at it this way, why would you want to buy fuel system parts now to make a little more power then buy them again later on to make alot of power. Either save up to get it all now and youll end up saving more later.

Ive got the Lethal 3 pump return style with 205ln injector, do i need that to make the 700 right now..... not really but i will when i make the 1000 with the built motor

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
yea man, im all about buying parts once but i just seen on the ID website the price and im not up for paying that right now

Users who are viewing this thread