E85 parts list

wildwill532

Established Member
Heres my E85 parts list for my 04 cobra. Please look it over and offer your advice. Im not trying to cut corners to save 100.00 that can compromise safety and reliability as well as performance issues down the road. I am not trying to be extreme either in my mission. All parts will be purchased through lethal performance unless I see substantial savings at another site.

Lethal performance dual fpdm wire harness kit with fpdm, with wire upgrade.

Fore dual pump billet top hat, single 8an feed with optional E85 protective coating.

Dual Ford GT Fuel pumps.

Siemens Deka 80lb injectors uscar high impedance.

Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra Fuel Line Upgrade w/Fuel Rails.
Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra Fuel Line Upgrade w/Fuel Rails [LP-7700] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Is there anything im missing? Ive read and reread and tried to piece it all together through various threads. Thanks everyone, im trying to run e85 right now and laying the ground work for next summer when I step up to a kb 2.8h.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If you plan on going with a 2.8H then I would skip the returnless system and go full return.

I would go with the 3 Walbro GSS342 return set up.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
im sure you can do it cheaper than 1500...if your wanting to save some money, am i right? All you would need is a return line -8 or so , fuel reg, fuel pump am i correct guys?

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
You should go return with a sumped tank and run twin bosch 044 pumps for E85.
I bet it can be done cheaper than your list.

GodStang

Established Member
No need for a sump tank, yes you can do it under $1500.

Benefits:
Easier to tune.
Car will run better.
Less Expensive to tune.
More power with smaller Injectors.

Cons:
You only get the Joy of swapping out your fuel system once...

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
He can sell his stock tank and pump setup for $500 at least. Use that money to buy a nice sumped tank. The money saved by not buying the fore hat , dual fpdm setup and gt pumps will more than cover his pluming and better pump needs. Just another option that is better in the long run. Even with the 03 baffled tank under hard launches the pumps can be starved.. Do it once

wildwill532

Established Member
Will someone recommend a certain tank and pumps what accessories will be needed as well to go with for a return type setup. This is pretty new to me as far as changing fuel deliveries.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Here is a good deal on a good tank. >>>>click
A1000 regulator
-10 feed line
-6 or -8 return line
3 walbro 255lph pumps or 2 bosch 044 pumps or a big single
If you search the for sell forums you can find great deals.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I have the fuel set up in my sig to run e85 with the eaton seems like I am good to go my fpdc I'd only 71%. When I switch to a twin screw ill need 80lb investors and a BAP.

What all is required to go to a return set up? I would need a new tank and the list above but would I be able to use my pumps and fore hat still? It has an 8an out and 6an in.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
What all is required to go to a return set up? I would need a new tank and the list above but would I be able to use my pumps and fore hat still? It has an 8an out and 6an in.
You just need the bap, injectors,return line, regulator and lines to run from the rails to regulator. Then a simple change in the tune to run the pump full time.

No dual fpdm or anything?
Correct, no fpdm just relays for the pumps.
I run twin 044 pumps, -10 feed line, -6 return and a1000 regulator.
I have a big before pump and after pump filters.
I bought just the bare lines and fittings and made my own lines.

044 pumps and walbro 255lph
0f5e73d9.jpg

768aebcb.jpg

wildwill532

Established Member
With the Bosch no y connector is needed just one pump on the delivery line and one pump on the return line right? Trying to find instructions or how to's for this.

wildwill532

Established Member
Ok so out of the tank a10 line into a fuel filter and y'd out into both 044 bosch pumps then y'd back together into a single a10 fuel line then into the a1000 regulator then connect to the fuel rail and then run the a6 return line out to the tank.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Out of pumps y'd to filter, line to engine bay and y'd to the back of the rails, out of front rails to regulator and then back to tank. You'll need a frp adaptor if you keep the sensor.
DSCF4620.jpg

DSCF4002.jpg

wildwill532

Established Member
Ok line to the y into each of the rails in the front. Out through the back of the rails into another y then into the regulator and from that to the tank.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
hereis my set-up, something i DONT recomend doing for corn.

fore hat
twin gt's
bap
80's
-8 feed

my pump duty cycle is almost maxed and i only have a little kb 2.2 at 21psi. the corn fuel can handle way more than this 2.2 can put out, so now i have to upgrade blowers. upgarde the blower and i need more fuel, now i have to go returnless, which i should have done from the begining.

i cant stress this enough only DO IT ONCE!!!! i thought for sure i was done but this e-85 just begs for more air. i never thought i would get bored with my little KB, but it just simply cant take full advantage of this fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread