E85 or pump and meth?

YGETV8

Established Member
Just looking for opinions and input. Finally have some direction for my car. Decided to keep the twin 61mms and looks like I'm going with a 4R70w swap. Fuel system is twin GT pumps, stock hat, BAP, PPRV delete, wiring upgrade and 60s. About all I can afford to do for now is get the fuel line upgrade from Lethal and some 80s. Think I'd be better off (safer?) with pump and meth (already have a meth kit sitting on the shelf) or dial it back to whatever HP that system will support on E85? Thanks!

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
Just looking for opinions and input. Finally have some direction for my car. Decided to keep the twin 61mms and looks like I'm going with a 4R70w swap. Fuel system is twin GT pumps, stock hat, BAP, PPRV delete, wiring upgrade and 60s. About all I can afford to do for now is get the fuel line upgrade from Lethal and some 80s. Think I'd be better off (safer?) with pump and meth (already have a meth kit sitting on the shelf) or dial it back to whatever HP that system will support on E85? Thanks!

I would personally go E85, strictly because you don't have to worry about a possible malfunction in your meth kit blowing your motor. Granted, you could get a bad tank of gas, but that's less likely to do severe damage than a broken meth kit. Plus, you'll be saving money on gas prices. lol

90redcoupe

Established Member
I would have to say if there are lots of gas stations around your area then go for the e85, but if not go with the meth, you have it already so might as well use it!

YGETV8

Established Member
Well, I suspect my fuel system will only support about 700 rwhp on E85, so no 30 psi for me till I can afford a thorough fuel system upgrade. Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread