• killer chiller

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • e85

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Arizona summers get hot and keeping a ported eaton running efficiently can be hard. Given my mods already, what would you rather have on your cobra?

SVTDice

Established Member
Honestly if you're lucky enough to have E85 in your area. I would do that. However if you have the funds you should do both. They will compliment eachother very well. E85 Would allow you to run more boost and timing while the killer chiller allows you to run it cooler! Its a win win.

oldmodman

Established Member
Both.

The chiller will help in normal day to day driving.

The E-85 will help in maximum horsepower situations.

Last edited:

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
I vote BOTH!!! I would do the cheaper first then do the more expensive later if you can't do both but both will be your best bet...just my opinion

Last edited:

foxspy

Established Member
I have the Killer Chiller, and I want E85. There's not that many stations around here though.

foxspy

Established Member
Me? 607hp and 575ft on a Mustang dyno. This was before the Killer Chiller installed and IAT2s were 120+. The computer was pulling timing and I had a total of 14* on the dyno.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Honestly if you're lucky enough to have E85 in your area. I would do that. However if you have the funds you should do both. They will compliment eachother very well. E85 Would allow you to run more boost and timing while the killer chiller allows you to run it cooler! Its a win win.

Both.

The chiller will help in normal day to day driving.

The E-85 will help in maximum horsepower situations.

I vote BOTH!!! I would do the cheaper first then do the more expensive later if you can't do both but both will be your best bet...just my opinion

Id love to do both but if im gonna do any upgrades to the fuel system ill go return with e85 so I cant afford both now killer chiller would the cheaper mod and a nice mod in this phoenix heat

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I did the dual killer chillers on my ZR1 and they work awesome.

E85 not an option due to the fact there are no stations close enough to me.

Next best optionor consideration would be METH:burnout:

foxspy

Established Member
Sweet! I'm going to put some DEI Heat Radiant tape around my intercooler reservoir and hopefully that'll help my IAT2s even more.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Finally got it tuned and everything working thanks to Joe at CPR for helping with the install..the industrial 12a refrigerant works great low side at 40psi high at 200psi my IC reservoir temps got down to 41 degrees after some driving. Still gonna insulate the lines better later on next month but the killer chiller does a great job.

foxspy

Established Member
Sweet, I need to check my pressure. I think I filled it to 32psi, so I'll try 40psi and compare.

Was the 41* with the heat exchanger bypassed?

Users who are viewing this thread