E85 on Coyote Swap

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Hey all,
I am converting my 91 octane tune Coyote Swap to E85. I know the rwhp results are around 10-15 hp, however has anyone done a back to back dragstrip comparison. My setup is in my sig. I am running mid 7s in the 1/8 and most likely mid 11s in the quarter mile. Just curious what I can expect at the track. Thanks.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Seems like no buddy has actually compare the mod on the track for a N/A coyote. I will let you guys know after I run it down the track with e85. Hopefully its worth at least a tenth or better.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
ur not gonna gain any HP without a re-tune to bump up ur timing a little. if u run it with ur stock tune u will go slower not faster.

and u need injectors and a BAP as well. E85 really only becomes an advantage with forced induction. and ur HP will be about 10 if ur lucky and a many cars have got nothing!

hardly worth it considering the money u will have to spend and the 30% LESS MPG u will get.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
It will have a retune. Shaun at AED will be doing the tuning. And I feel there is a little more to be gained then 10 hp from 91 California pump gas. But I could be wrong. Just trying to go as fast as possible with the stock crate motor. Thanks for the input.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Also it will be kinda like a tune that I switch too when I am at the track. I will be keeping the 91 octane for daily driver use. As far as cost, its actually not to bad. 150 for the injectors and 100 for the retune so 250 total for 10-20 hp depending. Not terrible. I would love to get a 2018 intake however they are on back order. Only 300 bucks. I may never have the money to do a crazy turbo or supercharger setup. but running in the 6s or low sevens in the 1/8 with a daily driven N/A setup is my goal

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
well I guess u gotta work with what ya got so every little bit of HP helps I guess.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Yes Sir, every little bit. I will report back with some track info. I should be able to get to the limit of the 91 octane tune this friday and then have a comparison for the forum at the drag strip for others that don't have quite the budget for boost. Thanks again for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread