E85 on a 96 Cobra

Dark Pony

CLOSER
Established Member
Do any of you guys run E85 on these Cobra's? I'm looking into switching, but not sure if my current fuel system is going to cut it. I have the Vortech T Rex inline pump and 42# injectors. I know it should support around 600 HP, but I'm not sure about the duty cycle and if it would need any upgrade.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Should support 600?? It won't man not even close.. You still have stock intake pump?? 42s max at around 500whp... I have a 255 intake with a T. rex and 60s and made 530 on pump.. I'd love to fill with e85 but betting I won't have enough injector or pump..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That won't even come close to supporting 600rwhp on corn.. My T-rex inline with my stock intake and 60lb injectors was running out of fuel (pump) at 600hp on Reg gas..

mystickb1996

Established Member
Damn man you made almost 600 with T. rex and stock? Shit I wonder if I do have enough to run e85 then with my setup

Dark Pony

CLOSER
Established Member
I just bought this car a couple of weeks ago. I'm very familiar with the Coyotes, but def still learning a lot about these older 4.6's. From the info I had found, I saw that I could probably make around that power, but I wanted to pose the question here to people that have actually done it. I'll check, but I was told the car had 42#ers and I've seen the T Rex pump. In regards to anything else, I'm not so sure. The car has made 505 as it sits now.

mystickb1996

Established Member
nope... your running into the same problem as me as i stated.. the pump side with a 465 or even a 255 with a FPR turned up should handle the flow but the injectors is the problem. 60s are just not going to cut it... sucks after buying them i wish i would have went with 80 from the get go

mystickb1996

Established Member
i hope man, its kinda a toss up. some say yes as long as you run a little more fuel pressure. i really want to know because it would be huge to run e85 on my KB setup. i was thinking about trying this weekend, if i do i will report back with my results.

Users who are viewing this thread