E85 guys...anyone put on an E85/flex fuel emblem?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i was just playin around on eBay and found some of the "Flex Fuel/E85 Ethanol" metal emblems that come on some vehicles.....when i make the swap in the coming weeks i'm considering throwing one on the trunk. I figure the people in the car scene will automatically understand that it's a hi-hp E85 car and those that have no idea will be scratchin' their heads wondering how a loud Cobra is a flex fuel vehicle
thoughts?
e85_emblem_01.jpg

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
I like it because non-car peeps will be surprised...sleeper-eque...stealthy, but I also don't dig it because it could be a tad dorky. But...your ride and it's only a piece of 3M body tape holding it on...meaning 100% reversible. Try it and post pics.

Ironhand

Banned
My idea was to cut out the E-85 Ethanol part and put it under the SVT logo on the back of the car. Should be around the same width.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have the same emblem but haven't put it on. Still deciding on if I want to or not or if I want to go with a different one.

DocB

Established Member
If I saw a flex fuel/E85 emblem on the back of a Cobra, I'd think twice before running that car.

I know what it probably means and it might cost me some coin.

Edit: I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for those yellow emblems next time I'm down in Lubbock so as not to lose my gas money for the ride home!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm in the middle of the complete triple Fore hat/E-85 upgrade right now (going to the tuner next week for a tune and some new numbers) and had been thinking about doing something like that. On a related note, my favorite is still the "drive a hybrid...I need your gas" bumper sticker I saw once, although I would never put a bumper sticker on my '03 or any other car I own for that matter. I still get a chuckle out of it.
Ray H.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
T-
Are you having Strictly Strap-On do this E85 conversion for you? This is something I have been thinking about... and was wondering if they could handle it properly... if so, please PM me and let me know how well it goes!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
well, i've got the full fuel system already, just need to swap the 80lb injectors in and get it tuned. I'm staying at 23psi....just can't decide if i want to spray on top of it...being a stock longblock and all. it'd be a small 50 dry shot but still can't decide
George, i'll PM you after all is done.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Nice Tony how soon u making the change too e85? Go with some 105lbs leave u some room to grow. Were u going to score the corn gas from in lubbock?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
within the next few weeks. gonna go down to Houston to get my car outta my dad's garage then it will be sometime soon after that. I've already got a set of 80's so i'm not going with anything bigger for now. They'll support the ~720RWHP i'm looking for. plus, i'm still on stock longblock so when the time comes for a rebuild, that's when i'll consider larger injectors for stupid-power

Users who are viewing this thread