E85 fuel system to support 600+ on an 03 GT?

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
My aluminum 5.0 shortblock topped with trickflow's twisted wedge 2V heads is ready and I've decided to go E85 for the fuel. Compression ratio with the 44cc heads should be around 9.3:1 and the T-trim should be stuffing around 14-16psi of intercooled boost into the motor.

My current fuel setup consists of

90mm lightning mass air
42lb injectors
stock fuel rails
Stock fuel lines
stock tank
Focus fuel pump (255 lph if I recall correctly)
KB bap

Pretty sure all of that is going to need to be scrapped, if any of it can be salvaged my wallet and marriage thanks you lol. More than all out power I'd like off idle driveability and for the car to start on the first try, something as close to factory looking would be nice too :)

Any list of parts, fuel systems or thoughts is greatly appreciated. I want to do it right from the start and am really pumped to get some American fuel running through it's veins.

Thanks in advance for your help, great subforum SVTP!

lxhatch302

Established Member
like i said on dh...

sumped tank,-10 push lock feed,-8 to rails and return....cheap and easy way...

If i had to redo my system i wouldnt do the fore hat and bs with it....its all "cool" looking but still have to worry about fuel slosh(sp) which is a big deal IMO....

You can buy a sump kit for $75,a used A1000 for $300-$350,fuel filter $75, Y block $50Rails whatever you perfer, Regulator $150+,and what ever lines and fittings you would like to run...

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
like i said on dh...

sumped tank,-10 push lock feed,-8 to rails and return....cheap and easy way...

If i had to redo my system i wouldnt do the fore hat and bs with it....its all "cool" looking but still have to worry about fuel slosh(sp) which is a big deal IMO....

You can buy a sump kit for $75,a used A1000 for $300-$350,fuel filter $75, Y block $50Rails whatever you perfer, Regulator $150+,and what ever lines and fittings you would like to run...

80 lb injectors and fuel rails along with it I'm assuming. Would I have to buy a new tank if I wanted to keep it factory and have the pickup out of sight?

Teej281

Established Member
Well...sorry to say this but yea, mostly all will be scraped from your list. Here are two options you could persue.

GP 1000HP Mustang Sleeper Tank Fuel System (1998-2004) Glenn's Performance
Glenn's sleeper tank system:
# GP sleeper Fuel Tank. -10 feed -6 return.
# -10 suction line twin -6 feeds and -6 return.
# GP Fuel Filter with 100 Micron stainless, cleanable element.
# Dual Walbro Fuel Pumps , That flow 300 LPH each, with our hi flow fittings. (super quiet very reliable made in USA).
# Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pressure Regulator with 1:1 boost reference.
# NHRA legal Aeroquip braided steel fuel line.
# Aeroquip hose ends and female couplers.
# Aeroquip AN/boss fittings.(All o-ring fittings no pipe threads)
# GP Billet Y block.
# Rubber coated fuel line mounting clamps.
# 100% streetable.

Or you could go with an 03 cobra tank and lethal's twin pump return system with twin stealth 340 pumps:
Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra Return Style Fuel System [LP-0304COBRETURN] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

And I think you probably should upgrade to 80lb injectors and fuel rails as well.

Users who are viewing this thread