E85 Fuel System and Tunning Questions

serper3

Established Member
Hey guys, i am really excited about e85, in my area three stations are now selling it pretty close to my house.
i am looking to go with a 3.4 whipple, e85 and eventually building the motor. my 03 is not my daily driver, (do not drive it much) so i figure e85, 3.4 throw alot of boost at it.
my first question: besides the 2k triple pump return setup, with 105 lb injectors, nothing else really exists fuel wise that would support enough fuel? the sump external pump kits on jegs/summit are also pretty close to 2k... basically just bite the bullet huh? no other choices?
i dont really want to get another fuel system, that i would have to ditch or severly upgrade to be able to support more hp.
second question: as far as tunning goes, no one in the area really is willing to tune e85. this is obviously problematic for me since i will need a mail order tune. does anyone know who can do this? i will have a wideband in the car/ would get it on the dyno after to confirm afr.. its just that the shops around here dont want to mess with it. i know rwtd is awesome but looks like they changed sites and now nothing is on their new site i guess. anyone else have any ideas who would be able to give me a mail order tune, and then tweak it as necesary once i get it on a dyno and logged?
thanks alot in advance guys.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Hey guys, i am really excited about e85, in my area three stations are now selling it pretty close to my house.
i am looking to go with a 3.4 whipple, e85 and eventually building the motor. my 03 is not my daily driver, (do not drive it much) so i figure e85, 3.4 throw alot of boost at it.
my first question: besides the 2k triple pump return setup, with 105 lb injectors, nothing else really exists fuel wise that would support enough fuel? the sump external pump kits on jegs/summit are also pretty close to 2k... basically just bite the bullet huh? no other choices?
There are other choices. You could always go with a Glenn's Performance Sleeper kit and ID1600 injectors. But your set up should work just fine.

i dont really want to get another fuel system, that i would have to ditch or severly upgrade to be able to support more hp.
second question: as far as tunning goes, no one in the area really is willing to tune e85. this is obviously problematic for me since i will need a mail order tune. does anyone know who can do this? i will have a wideband in the car/ would get it on the dyno after to confirm afr.. its just that the shops around here dont want to mess with it. i know rwtd is awesome but looks like they changed sites and now nothing is on their new site i guess. anyone else have any ideas who would be able to give me a mail order tune, and then tweak it as necesary once i get it on a dyno and logged?
thanks alot in advance guys.
I would look into BrooksSpeed or Call LaSota Racing. Both are great and have experience with E85.

serper3

Established Member
thanks a ton sleeper!! you are the best!

as far as the fuel system, i have been looking at glenns setup and it seems pretty sweet. is their fuel tank lighter than oem? wouldnt this be a cleaner/easier install than dealing with the fiore fuel hat? why do most people go with the lethal kit? honostly, i was just trying to figure out if i could get a system i could start off with, and then maybe add a pump or something to increase fuel when i have the motor built down the line. the budget system is nice, but it seems like even with e85 and a larger ts, it is still too small.
its just hard to keep saving enough for the ts, plus the 2500 fuel system. :fm:

also, kind of irrellevant, but with the 2.9 and 3.4, whats the better blower for someone like me who will be running only e85, with some day building the motor hopefully not very soon though lol.. i am assuming the 3.4 would be the way to go? i am also counting on maybe, possible getting a used one which would be cheaper than a 2.9, or even if buying new and they are same price..

saleencobra

Established Member
Go with a 2.9, great overall blower. You'll make more than enough power on E85 and should be fairly safe and should be ok for stock motor.

With a 2.9 and the budget system and some nice size injectors you could probably support about 725 with a BAP i'd think. Kevin could tell you better.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
I just ordered a return style system from Lethal. It is the fore dual Walbro Hat, but I will be using either dual DW300 pumps or Jay Racing PT342 pumps, 3 Walbro Pumps barely outflow both of these dual pumps. I will also be using 80lb. injectors that will support how much horsepower I want 750-780rwhp easily with these pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread