E85 delivery

coposrv

Established Member
Just gauging interest here. Not trying to sell anything yet. I have a brand new transfer fuel tank for a truck at my fathers shop the he was going to use. I also have access to a large number of 55 gallon plastic/ poly drums. What would e85 delivery be worth to some of you guys? I was just talking to a few friends and it came up last night.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Id be interested but it would depend on the price of E85 and where your buying it..
I have two 55 gallon plastic drums that I fill up. Last year I only went through one drum of fuel.(I just didn't drive my car at all)

coposrv

Established Member
I have searched and there aren't too many places to get it from around us more than likely a fuel distributor around boston. My work usually slows down to 40 hr weeks from mid April to memorial day. So I would have time to set up and deliver around the time guys would probably be needing it. I was looking around didn't see anyone who would deliver such a small amount or any amount for that matter.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
well I buy mine in NYS It cost me $360 for 110 gallons and takes me 45 mins and a beautiful ride through the country side to the station that has it...

I offered to do this for others but not enough ppl run E85... esp here in CT... I'm not sure what I am willing to pay
"over" the price that it cost for me to get it myself...

But if you get your prices together im interested in seeing if it will work for me..

BTW I do not buy ANY E85 until or after May and before mid September.

f2hatch

Established Member
well I buy mine in NYS It cost me $360 for 110 gallons and takes me 45 mins and a beautiful ride through the country side to the station that has it...

I offered to do this for others but not enough ppl run E85... esp here in CT... I'm not sure what I am willing to pay
"over" the price that it cost for me to get it myself...

But if you get your prices together im interested in seeing if it will work for me..

BTW I do not buy ANY E85 until or after May and before mid September.

+1 get some prices together I might be interested

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Isn't there a station in Wallingford that offers E85? What ever happened with that?

f2hatch

Established Member
There isn't one in wallingford that I know of. At least not open to the public. I work in wallingford everyday.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Id be interested but it would depend on the price of E85 and where your buying it..
I have two 55 gallon plastic drums that I fill up. Last year I only went through one drum of fuel.(I just didn't drive my car at all)

let me ask, I just got a plastic drum from a friend. My initial thought is clean it and go fill it up. But thinking about it Im like oh man, when full it must weigh 350+lbs. Easy to roll off the truck by yourself? How do you do it? Gas station give you crap for filling it in the bed?

My2003Mach1

Established Member
let me ask, I just got a plastic drum from a friend. My initial thought is clean it and go fill it up. But thinking about it Im like oh man, when full it must weigh 350+lbs. Easy to roll off the truck by yourself? How do you do it? Gas station give you crap for filling it in the bed?

This is how I do it.. No not at all. I even asked the stations before filling if they had any issues both stations I use had no problems at all.

My plastic (poly) drums came with air tight caps (rubber gasket inside the cap). (If you need caps for yours LMK I will grab them from work)

I load the drums into the back of my truck.. positioning them up close to the cab braced in with a shipping bar. (not touching, each one in a front corner)

NOTE when you fill the drums, fill them to the top, with in a 1/2 or less. If too much room is left it causes it to slosh around causing the drum to want to move also.

No when full they weigh closer to 450lbs!

When I take them out I have aluminum ramps that I use to put a Quad or such into the back of my truck.

I take them both put them slightly apart (so I could walk in between them) I push the drum to the edge of the tailgate in its up right position and on to the ramps.
I get it to the point that the drum wants to go on its own LOL (sliding I mean)
I get down in between the ramps and allow the drum to slide down while controlling its momentum.
It comes down and off effortlessly.. very easy one man job..

Aluminum ramps work best because they are sturdy and allow the drums to slide with ease

The last thing that I do is, when its a on the ground, I tilt it back sliding a moving dolly under it.
wheel that baby into position in my garage (gas tank side of the car)

In house pump station :)

:beer:

One thing i forgot to say...
Pay no attention to what you might have heard about storing the fuel..I have done it 2 years straight.. Keep your caps on tight and keep the drum out of direct sunlight and you'll have no issues with it going bad like regular fuel. My fuel sits through the summer and winter and is just fine and dandy. I also keep it inside my tank.. No issues of rusting condensation etc.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
This is how I do it.. No not at all. I even asked the stations before filling if they had any issues both stations I use had no problems at all.

My plastic (poly) drums came with air tight caps (rubber gasket inside the cap). (If you need caps for yours LMK I will grab them from work)

I load the drums into the back of my truck.. positioning them up close to the cab braced in with a shipping bar. (not touching, each one in a front corner)

NOTE when you fill the drums, fill them to the top, with in a 1/2 or less. If too much room is left it causes it to slosh around causing the drum to want to move also.

No when full they weigh closer to 450lbs!

When I take them out I have aluminum ramps that I use to put a Quad or such into the back of my truck.

I take them both put them slightly apart (so I could walk in between them) I push the drum to the edge of the tailgate in its up right position and on to the ramps.
I get it to the point that the drum wants to go on its own LOL (sliding I mean)
I get down in between the ramps and allow the drum to slide down while controlling its momentum.
It comes down and off effortlessly.. very easy one man job..

Aluminum ramps work best because they are sturdy and allow the drums to slide with ease

The last thing that I do is, when its a on the ground, I tilt it back sliding a moving dolly under it.
wheel that baby into position in my garage (gas tank side of the car)

In house pump station :)

:beer:

One thing i forgot to say...
Pay no attention to what you might have heard about storing the fuel..I have done it 2 years straight.. Keep your caps on tight and keep the drum out of direct sunlight and you'll have no issues with it going bad like regular fuel. My fuel sits through the summer and winter and is just fine and dandy. I also keep it inside my tank.. No issues of rusting condensation etc.

great info! thanks.

I could use the hook up on caps. My barrel came with one and its just a plastic cap. Also what pump are you using? Im guessing a plastic one?

My2003Mach1

Established Member
great info! thanks.

I could use the hook up on caps. My barrel came with one and its just a plastic cap. Also what pump are you using? I'm guessing a plastic one?

Yes I'm using a plastic one.. (I pump the fuel directly into my tank. no tank to VP jug to tank stuff)
Also I get better fuel mileage with E85 just in case anyone else was reading and wondering.

NOTE: I'm running 105lb injectors with over 800rwhp just something for those of you on the fence with running E85. (not bragging, making a point that at the power level that I am at I'm almost matching my wife's brand new Hyundai Veracruz in town fuel mileage. Her in town mileage is between 17 and 19. I am at 14! lol and not granny shifting & w/4:10's)

Get me your address

Ill get two caps and send them out tomorrow.
I have to go to the post office tomorrow anyway...

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yes I'm using a plastic one.. (I pump the fuel directly into my tank. no tank to VP jug to tank stuff)
Also I get better fuel mileage with E85 just in case anyone else was reading and wondering.

NOTE: I'm running 105lb injectors over 800rwhp just something for those of you on the fence with running E85.

Get me your address

Ill get two caps and send them out tomorrow.
I have to go to the post office tomorrow anyway...

pm sent

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Replied

Anyone needing clean poly barrels .. I can point you in the right direction.

ALSO get the CLEAR drums you will thank me later !

The blue containers suck because you can not see the fuel in the barrel unless you look inside....

coposrv

Established Member
Jake, if your looking for caps and or extra drums shoot me a PM. I had guys in our shop all weekend cleaning up. I have excess everything.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Replied

Anyone needing clean poly barrels .. I can point you in the right direction.

ALSO get the CLEAR drums you will thank me later !

The blue containers suck because you can not see the fuel in the barrel unless you look inside....

Jake, if your looking for caps and or extra drums shoot me a PM. I had guys in our shop all weekend cleaning up. I have excess everything.

the barrel I have is black...I got it from a friend. Fuel will be stored in the garage so should I snag up a clear one? Who has them?

Users who are viewing this thread