E85 Conversion Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
so is that E85 fuel cap just for looks or does it serve a purpose

Both actually, still serves as a fuel cap the keep the system sealed and also looks good when you're at the local gas station and people see that hanging down when you're filling up with E85...i've gotten a few different reactions from people.

And in my case, it matches the color of the car quite well...LOL

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
148446_902669700688_16701834_47434484_5639587_n.jpg

148446_902669690708_16701834_47434482_2416502_n.jpg

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We converted our 2010 gt500 and love it. The car runs much better than it did with c16. I'm in the process of converting my 03 cobra as well.

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
In the process of converting my 04 from a built/blown 2v to built 4v/eaton swap (with kenne bell 2.2)/ return fuel e85 system. Just buttoning up the last physical 4v swap pieces then i need to decide on injectors/rails regulator/etc. The turbo import scene around here have been e85 fanboys for quite some time, now im finding out why...

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I've had the stuff to do it for over a year now. Just need to get off my ass and get my car back on the road with the new turbo kit so I can officially be a part of the club.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i would love to run E85 just because its cheaper and cleaner but here in FL, there are only 10 cities that carry a E85 pump and there is only 1 pump in each of those cities, dont remember all of the cities but recently the 2,000th E85 pump in the nation just opened there, there is only 1 here and orlando and its off of the turnpike on mile post 263 in the turkey lake service plaza

basically what i'm saying is that its to far of a drive to run it lol

FL members here ya go- http://e85vehicles.com/e85-florida.htm

Orlando peeps- its off the turnpike at like a rest stop, so far that is the only place i know of here in town

Last edited:

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Oh yes, we are the ones putting your kids threw college!

Hehe....
No kids for me, but hopefully help with my E-85 builds to come! :rockon:

The E-85 information is limited out there today, and I am so excited that SVTP has made us a place to converse about our ideas and experiences with these unique fuels. This is going to be a great forum SVTP!

Thank you.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
i am thinking about making the switch... i just need bigger injectors thinking about going 105's and a new tune.

Janstang

Established Member
Been running it for alittle over 2 years now. Sumped stock tank, Magnafuel pump, -10 feedline, -8 return line, 160lb injectors, SCT PRP tuning. Had Andy@DynotuneUSA in Watertown, SD do the initial tuning. On his recommendation I also purchase an alcohol content tester to check the E85 fuel I put in the car to ensure its truly 85% or higher alcohol content. So far everything around here in the spring-fall season is dead-on. I don't run the car in the winter, so I haven't tested any during that time period.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Both actually, still serves as a fuel cap the keep the system sealed and also looks good when you're at the local gas station and people see that hanging down when you're filling up with E85...i've gotten a few different reactions from people.

And in my case, it matches the color of the car quite well...LOL

i guess what i should really ask is the special E85 cap needed over the stock cap that came with my 2008 GT500?

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hello. My name is Ray Hilton and my '03 Terminator is an alcoholic.
This is our story.
At first the '03 would just take a little sip here and there. You know at parties, car shows, that sort of thing.
Then it started hanging with the "wrong" crowd. Mostly 04sleeper. I know he was a big influence. Pretty soon it was demanding more and more. It wasn't long before it developed a real thirst for alcohol.
I installed a triple Fore return system with 80# injectors just to quell it's insatiable need for this "liquid gold" it called it.
It's now consuming alcohol by the tank full. Oh sure it tells me it can stop any time it wants to but I don't think that will ever happen. It's become much too powerful to ever go back.
Yes, I must admit, the '03 is now a...dare I say it...a raging alcoholic!
So now I'm afraid we're both "hooked" on E-85. And I have my friends here at SVTP to thank for it.
And I would't have it any other way! Thanks guys!

Ray H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread