E85 cobra vs GT500

miggs.03.term8r

Established Member
So today going out for dinner with my girlfriend im driving on the freeway im cruising 60mph as I looked in the rear view mirror I spotted blue lights approaching me. Didnt really put much attention to it since most new cars have color headlights. as im looking to the road I see a car pull next to me with a nice load exhaust I heard a rev it made look over and it happened to be a really nice black shelby cobra with two dark grey middle stripes. The traffic was a lil heavy I pulled to my left lane so he can move over one lane too. I downshifted to 4th and he downshifted to a lower gear 2nd/3rd he slowed down to about 35-40 so I decide to drop it to 3rd we both then were side by side with a good open space in front of us. I was waiting for him to go so as im waiting he suddenly punched it so I punched it he jumped about 1/2 car and I spun popped in 4th n I jumped about 2 cars and still walking hit the brakes as blockin traffic was ahead. I jumped off the freeway me looking over I seen a thumbs up thru his light tint. It was a nice lil run...

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Just wondering OP do you have 4 10s or something, going 40 and leave it in 3rd?

Canadian Bacon

Established Member
I don't post much but I can't pass on this one. Going 40, spinning, going to 4th and you get him by 2 cars? Sorry man gotta call BS. He gave up or wasn't racing. Mods on your car?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
:bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

miggs.03.term8r

Established Member
I don't post much but I can't pass on this one. Going 40, spinning, going to 4th and you get him by 2 cars? Sorry man gotta call BS. He gave up or wasn't racing. Mods on your car?

2.3 whipple, JLT RAI, full headers-catback bassani, 4lb lower 3.00 upper,AFCO Heat ex. 22lbs 22* timing

Last edited:

Canadian Bacon

Established Member
I don't see what's hard to believe. 2.3 Whipple with E85 is not exactly a slow car.
By all means, that would be a quick car with the mod list. 4th is not at all in the powerband at 40 mph unless there are really steep gears involved? I can go in excess of 120mph in 3rd with stock gears.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
good for you..! ROUND OF APPLAUSE everyone he fixed it:pepper:
thanks for the help

:lol: I see what you did there...

Clever. I say your story is fake, you try to make fun of me for adding your bald tires to your mod list.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread