E85 and 1/4 Mile Results

Gruca

Established Member
I just picked up a return fuel system yesterday and once it gets here I’m switching to E85 with a flex fuel tune from AED. I wanted to see what kinda of ET and MPH gains you guys got after going E85 while having a power adder.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I went from 10.8@132 (93) to 10.4@137 (E85) with no changes aside from fuel. Same tuner (AED), same track (Great Lakes Dragway).

Gruca

Established Member
I went from 10.8@132 (93) to 10.4@137 (E85) with no changes aside from fuel. Same tuner (AED), same track (Great Lakes Dragway).

That’s a hell of a gain...and exactly what I was hoping to see. My PB is 10.8@128. I was hoping E85 would get me over the 130mph mark.

Great Lakes huh? I go there sometimes with the guys from CMC (Chicagoland Mustang Club).

Gruca

Established Member
I'm from Madison so its my "local track". We usually have a crew of 10-15 cars that go 3-4 times a year.

My “local” track is Route 66. I could go there once and they’d kick me out immediately after. With all the NHRA stuff that goes on there, they are super strict. I’ve never had an issue at Great Lakes. I went to US41 most of the time in 2017. The owner is pretty cool and the track is always dead, so no waiting to run.

Punisher1401

Established Member
I just bought the JPC E85 kit as well. Crossing fingers to dip into the 9s with E85 and tune. Best so far was 10.5 on 93 with 6 speed. Just switched to Built 6r80 and 3C. Very anxious to see what these major changes reveal.

Gruca

Established Member
I just bought the JPC E85 kit as well. Crossing fingers to dip into the 9s with E85 and tune. Best so far was 10.5 on 93 with 6 speed. Just switched to Built 6r80 and 3C. Very anxious to see what these major changes reveal.

I cancelled my JPC kit. Nothing they did, just decided to wait. I ended up buying a kit from Rodeheaver Hot Rod. Twin GT350 pumps, all the lines and electrical, VMP rails, and added a filter for after the pumps.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I cancelled my JPC kit. Nothing they did, just decided to wait. I ended up buying a kit from Rodeheaver Hot Rod. Twin GT350 pumps, all the lines and electrical, VMP rails, and added a filter for after the pumps.

Any idea what HP these GT350 pumps will support on E85?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
On the 93 tune my car was set to shift at 7300 rpm and was seeing 11 lbs of boost. After I got my fuel system and went E85 when tuning on the dyno they revved the engine to 7850 rpm and was seeing close to 13 lbs of boost. After the dyno session was finished my car shifts at 7600 now and sees 12lbs of boost. Other than OPG and crank sprocket the engine has stock internals. I'm actually thinking about pulleying up and/or lowering my shift RPM until i get a built short block (currently have one on layaway from MMR) so i don't blow up my engine, lol

Gruca

Established Member
On the 93 tune my car was set to shift at 7300 rpm and was seeing 11 lbs of boost. After I got my fuel system and went E85 when tuning on the dyno they revved the engine to 7850 rpm and was seeing close to 13 lbs of boost. After the dyno session was finished my car shifts at 7600 now and sees 12lbs of boost. Other than OPG and crank sprocket the engine has stock internals. I'm actually thinking about pulleying up and/or lowering my shift RPM until i get a built short block (currently have one on layaway from MMR) so i don't blow up my engine, lol

I went down to a 3.33 pulley and a wastegate on my Paxton. After I get the fuel system in, boost will be limited to 11psi. It’s currently at 7psi because of the shitty winter blend gas. Too much knock at 10psi. I just got my 11psi spring yesterday.

Gruca

Established Member
Fuel system arrives tomorrow...guess I know what I’m doing this weekend. Hopefully it isn’t too big of a pain to install.

Blwnova

Established Member
Let me know how your fuel system install went. I just ordered my Rodeheavers system on Wednesday. Shaun over at AED highly recommended it.

Gruca

Established Member
Let me know how your fuel system install went. I just ordered my Rodeheavers system on Wednesday. Shaun over at AED highly recommended it.

Doing it now. I was a little nervous as I was ready the instructions but once you actually follow them, it’s pretty easy. So far I e broken a pin on the fuel pump wiring harness trying to repin it, snapped a wheel stud when taking the front wheel off, and broke two fuel line clips....

My advice, be very effing careful with those fuel line clips. I’m hoping this gorilla glue holds up :eek:

chadder1313

Established Member
My best pass on 93 was 11.0s. Went with rev auto fuel system and i think at the same time i did a convertor and 9.8s and 9.9s were pretty attainable.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Gruca, how did it go? You done yet? I have a BAP/fuel pump issue (not sure which yet, diagnosing) and considering a fuel system myself. Install a big PITA? Still need to learn to launch lol but maybe more hp will help :)

Users who are viewing this thread