E-fan????

98rs

Established Member
Has anyone put a e-fan on thier 2005 and up f150. if so how do you like it? and where did you get it? im looking to put one on my truck maybe it will get me a little more power and fuel milage out of my truck.

99cobrasvtstang

Established Member
i havent put an e fan on that year model but a buddy of mine did to his 06 and his fuel mileage increased a little... not sure bout the gainage of power tho

JWC

Established Member
Troyer Performance sells them for the F150's give them a call (540-965-7123) and they can tell you what to expect as they dyno tune many many Ford trucks.

spike_africa

Established Member
YOu can build your own setup for alot less then he sells them for. On eBay they sell fas from a company called zirgo and the sell lots of fans that pull alot of cfm. I don't know the size of the 05+ trucks radiators but the 04 and earlier models you could do a 16" and a 14" zirgo fan with controller and install yourself for under 200bucks. You can get the 14" fan without a control and a 16" with a fan controller and they come with mounting hardware so all that is left is wiring them up. This is what i did with my 99F150 it was cost effective and worked for the 5 years on the truck i had them till i traded it in on the mustang.

CHolleman

There's lots of ways to go about it. Some kits require you to mount the fans through the radiator with pins, which is a good way to destroy it. I'm picking up a Lincoln MarkVIII fan and using a DC Controller FK35 for the controller. the Mark VIII fan is supposed to flow ~4300 cfm. should be plenty to cool the truck. if you can find the fan at a junkyard, you can have it done for less than $200. most "kits" cost $3-400 and have questionable controller reliability.

Users who are viewing this thread