e-85 questions?

jimc04

Established Member
i'm going e-85 return setup and have some questions. lethal shows 2 triple hats 1st one is a Fore Precision Works 03-04 Cobra Triple Walbro Pump Billet Top Hat

NOTES: This hat comes with the return port built into it so there's no tapping or drilling of the fuel tank required.

the other one does not have the return port ?which one do i need ? also is the e-85 coating for $50 needed? and finally is the walbro setup better for e-85 than the gt pumps?

Digital

Established Member
i'm going e-85 return setup and have some questions. lethal shows 2 triple hats 1st one is a Fore Precision Works 03-04 Cobra Triple Walbro Pump Billet Top Hat

NOTES: This hat comes with the return port built into it so there's no tapping or drilling of the fuel tank required.

the other one does not have the return port ?which one do i need ? also is the e-85 coating for $50 needed? and finally is the walbro setup better for e-85 than the gt pumps?

There is two hats because one is for return style fuel systems and the other is for returnless style. That also goes for the GT pumps. They are essentially the same pumps but the wal pumps are recommended for return style systems.
I would personally make sure everything was e85 rated and any coating they offer is probably a solid investment. If they offer it there is usually a reason.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
if you are going to setup a return fuel system. if you're staying in the stock configuration and running the GT pumps and using the fpdm and frps then you'll need the returnless hat with no return port.

GodStang

Established Member
This is for a stock 03-04 Cobra returnless setup:
IMG_2673.jpg

This is for if you completely convert to return style:

ForeReturnHat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread