E-85 conversion started. looking for a larger funnel for the cappless filler

50stangpower

Established Member
So I am converting my car over to E-85 and hope to just buy 55 gallon drums of it and keep it at my house. This means I will need to fill the fuel myself and I hate using the dinky factory Ford fuel filler tube. Does anyone make a nice larger aftermarket one that fits ?

also where are you guys sourcing your E-85? Sheetz is a local station by me that sells it, but they are the only station around that I am aware of.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I just stick a larger mouthed funnel inside the factory funnel to get a larger target to pour into. It's only in the spring for me when I'm using up stored E85 before the summer blend comes back. If it was all the time, I might look for a better solution.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

50stangpower

Established Member

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what your angle is here, but I bought a pump so I can just pump it directly into the car. It was 169.00 I think. Or, are you still wanting to be able to fill it with a jug of necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50stangpower

Established Member
Thats fine, but 2011 up use a capless filler tube. There is 2 flaps that need pushed open to insert fuel so most funnels will not work

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
You can buy a gas pump gun just like that at a gas pump and put it on a hand pump. You can get them at any farm store or online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread