Dynotune+l/t headers=?????

2001asp

Established Member
What kind of numbers do you think this combo will net for my car and mods? BTW, I had the Metallic cats welded on and it is just as loud with them installed as it was without them. The Exhaust is really raspy even with them installed with the 3 inch JBA I have. I would post a vid of it, but we are getting slammed with this storm.:( I can feel a gain of low end torque and the wheels seem to break free pretty quick too. I still have a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT on, but I am sure it will go away after the tune. The Dyno tune goes down 04JAN2010.....

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The codes have to be reset to clear, even if the condition that caused it clears. So un plug your battery for about 10 minutes and it should reset. BTW, I pulled codes with my Bassani catted pipe when I had one. Most high flow cats do, especially when there is only one per side.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
The codes have to be reset to clear, even if the condition that caused it clears.

I don't think that's quite true.. after my LT and o/r x install, my CEL would come on sometimes and other times not at all. Sometimes would come on at start up and go away 10 miles down the road. Now, without clearing the codes, they can still be read with a DTC scanner, but the CEL should not illuminate.

OP, has your car been tuned previously? If so, I would expect 15-20 rwhp. If not, you should see more.

2001asp

Established Member
I don't think that's quite true.. after my LT and o/r x install, my CEL would come on sometimes and other times not at all. Sometimes would come on at start up and go away 10 miles down the road. Now, without clearing the codes, they can still be read with a DTC scanner, but the CEL should not illuminate.

OP, has your car been tuned previously? If so, I would expect 15-20 rwhp. If not, you should see more.

Car was previously tuned, It made a bunch of power with said mods in my original sig. 318hp and 335tq with knock sensors turned off. You think its possible to make 15-20 over that?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Car was previously tuned, It made a bunch of power with said mods in my original sig. 318hp and 335tq with knock sensors turned off. You think its possible to make 15-20 over that?

It should... however, looking at your mods in sig, Im not sure how your car made 318/335 with the current mods. Any track times?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Has ANYONE in here hit 350RW without a PSR or a Cams change or head work??
I'm talking valve covers never off and untouched upper and lower plenum?

2001asp

Established Member
It should... however, looking at your mods in sig, Im not sure how your car made 318/335 with the current mods. Any track times?

;-)Have you ever been dyno tuned and made your max power, then turn off your knock sensors? It will make a bunch more power....You just have to trust that the fuel you put in is quality. I use BP exclusively because it is reliably high in octane and its that way all over the country. My local Dyno shop swears by them. BTW, 03-04 Terminators don't even have knock sensors...Sounds really risky to me with all that boost.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
;-)Have you ever been dyno tuned and made your max power, then turn off your knock sensors? It will make a bunch more power....You just have to trust that the fuel you put in is quality. I use BP exclusively because it is reliably high in octane and its that way all over the country. My local Dyno shop swears by them. BTW, 03-04 Terminators don't even have knock sensors...Sounds really risky to me with all that boost.

I am tuned, but I have no idea what they did with the knock sensors. I am very content with my tune though. Nazty PSR, RAI and a few other mods should put me over 350 easy.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I have friend's GT (has a Maruder engine in it) at 358rwhp with 96-98 intake cams, short runner, long tubes, march dampener, 90mm maf, TB, e3 plugs, cobra R alt and water pump pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum flywheel, weld wheels, 275/50 15s, 3650 trans, 170 thermostat, and one aggressive tune. I'll see if he can send me a dyno file.

This kinda power would be hard to attain with 99/01 heads/cams and forged crank.

As for the knock sensors, it's very common to turn them off. There is no power increase from it, but it does keep the computer from pulling timing.

Last edited:

slick4_6

Established Member
Nazty PSR, RAI and a few other mods should put me over 350 easy.

Good luck on that. I have been waiting on my PSR from Naz since I paid him April 30. I paid him Jan 12 and he forgot about it. He came out with the PSR and I paid him the difference to make it a PSR on April 30. He has not responded to any emails by me since August 21. I understand he has medical problems but unless someone has broken his fingers he could at least send an email back. He has $900 of my cash and my extra intake. All I want is a quality PSR in return even after waiting so long.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
I'm shooting for 350 in the spring. I have a nazty psr intake, longtubes, and every other bolt on.

You might make that goal, the PSR makes a big difference, revs much quicker above 5k, it's too bad Naz is MIA, he had a nice biz going.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I have friend's GT (has a Maruder engine in it) at 358rwhp with 96-98 intake cams, short runner, long tubes, march dampener, 90mm maf, TB, e3 plugs, cobra R alt and water pump pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum flywheel, weld wheels, 275/50 15s, 3650 trans, 170 thermostat, and one aggressive tune. I'll see if he can send me a dyno file.

This kinda power would be hard to attain with 99/01 heads/cams and forged crank.

As for the knock sensors, it's very common to turn them off. There is no power increase from it, but it does keep the computer from pulling timing.

Tho's are stout numbers, id be happy with that! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread