Dynoed with predator and 2.8 with CA gass

rb185afm

Established Member
I finally got to put the car on the Dyno yesterday. It put down 463.2 rwhp. Almost exactley 100 hp increase over stock. That is so sick with just a pulley, filter, and cat back. These cars are the sht. I am pretty happy with those results but I know I can pull more. I had to richen up the A/F 7%. But the problem with the predator is I was running lean down low and way to rich up top. At appoximately 3000 rpm at WOT I was sitting at 13.1 A/F and at the top I was at 10.7. When I would go in and lean it out any more it did it across the board and made it way to lean down low in the rpms. Also I pulled all of the timing and was still sitting at 24 degrees. I would like to be able to pull a little more than that.

Now for a side question. Were is the Tach lead? The guys with the dyno had never done a 03 Cobra and did not know were to hook up to get my rpm's and Torque #'s. Can anyone fill me in on were to hook that up?

Last edited:

SonicTide

Established Member
You sure that wasn't a torque number that you got? It's impossible to get horsepower w/o rpm since hp is a calculation based on torque and rpm. A dyno actually measures torque.

Last edited:

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Those are great numbers. I dynoed on Sat with the same mods minus the CAI, 2.85 and only put down 430 RWHP/ 450 WRTQ. I think I need a CAI.

On a side note I experienced the same thing with the Predator lean down low and rich up top. I am also running 7% rich but have not pulled as much timing

Last edited:

Tim Lester

Established Member
Hi you hook the lead up to the coil on plug wires that go to the number 1 spark plug, that should give the signal.

Tim

03DOHC

Established Member
Remove the drivers side coil cover and clip on to one of those leads. I'm suprised you're not pinging with 24 degrees of timing on 14.5lbs of boost using 91 octane.

rb185afm

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Remove the drivers side coil cover and clip on to one of those leads. I'm suprised you're not pinging with 24 degrees of timing on 14.5lbs of boost using 91 octane.

I was also suprised. I think it had to do with how cold it was last night. It hot weather under a heavy load I expect it might start pining. The dyno is at Force Fed Performance in Yuba City. Pm me if you want more info.

Lagtime

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicTide
You sure that wasn't a torque number that you got? It's impossible to get horsepower w/o rpm since hp is a calculation based on torque and rpm. A dyno actually measures torque.

Inertial style dynos (like Dynojet) do not measure torque, they measure the acceleration of a drum of known weight and compute the work done, which is horsepower.

The only way a Dynojet can figure torque is if it knows RPM.

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by rb185afm
... I had to richen up the A/F 7%. But the problem with the predator is I was running lean down low and way to rich up top. At appoximately 3000 rpm at WOT I was sitting at 13.1 A/F and at the top I was at 10.7. When I would go in and lean it out any more it did it across the board and made it way to lean down low in the rpms. Also I pulled all of the timing and was still sitting at 24 degrees. I would like to be able to pull a little more than that....

RB185AFM,
have you requested a custom tune from Diablo yet for the predator. Email [email protected] with all or you info and he can reply with the software to load the customer tune and a tune for you since we have 91 octane her in CA.

Great numbers!!! I just bought a used 2.80 pulley yesterday and will be upgrading soon.

ALA G8R

Banned
Originally posted by 03DOHC

There is a much easier way to hook up a tach lead. On the driver's side, between the cam cover and the Eaton, there is a single wire in a wire loom labeled AET TEST . I posted a picture in an earlier post, but it's gone now. This lead is cake to find.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49660

rb185afm

Established Member
I am working on a custom tune with James from Running with the Devil. I found the AET cable, thanks. It looks like I need a clutch now. I ran at the track last night. My first run on a 2.2 60' and lots of tire spin in 2 and 3rd was 12.34 at 119.04 mph. So the car is running but not hooking. Of course what can you expect on street tires. But every run after the clutch started slipping more and more.:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread