Dyno #'s and SCT question.

jrh99

Established Member
dyno

I'm happy with the #'s, but my tuner didn't mess with my timing tables at all. I never even found out what they are set to. All I know is he just used the SCT default 93 octane tables.
Does anyone know what those might be?

The car runs strong, but if I can safely get another 15-20 HP and/or TQ out of it then I'd definitly like to.

I also was wondering about the hitch in my air/fuel when it starts to drop in. Does that look OK? The car occasionally idles funny dropping down around 500rpm and bouncing back up to 1000rpm.

Lastly, Am I stuck going to one tuner with my SCT 9100 Flasher? Or can I go to anyone with the Tuning Software?

Last edited:

jrh99

Established Member
btw: my mods list is

Metco 6lb. lower
BBK TB
TR6's
80mm Pro-M meter tuned for 55lb injectors and Cold Air kit
(but I still have stock injectors)
Bassani catted X and cat-back
SCT 9100

Last edited:

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
I think your good man.. but u can pic up like 15rwhp by some more timing and fuel..

Marc

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I wouldn't worry about the hickup in the AFR it's just the tip in. The dyno was started about 2000 rpm and it really should be started around 1500. My AFR curves with the SCT flasher look like that when the runw as started at 2000, but they are really smooth with almost no hickup when started from 1500 rpm.

Once Bit'en

Established Member
DAMN!!!!! That A/F is great.... SCT is the SHIT! I need to get rid of this PREDATOR to get one ! You may get some HP/TQ.
I dont know if the SCT has "LIVE DATA RECORD", but if it does do a run (On HighWay in 4th.... 2k to 6k....you would end up doing about 110 to 125mph at rev-lim) to see what your timing is at. +21 is safe and +25 in on the high end....

Question for you....
Where did you get your SCT?
How Much was it?
Wher

jrh99

Established Member
Torch10th,
Next time I bring the car in to tune I'll ask to start from 1500rmp.
Thanks for the tip.

Once Bit'en,
As far as I know the SCT has no data logging capabilities.
I bought my SCT from the shop I tune at. I'm not sure of the price because my charges for hardware and tuning all got rolled into one.

I'll call the shop and find out if he can pull up the tables for me.

I'm still curious if I can have anyone tune my car or if I'm stuck with this one tuner now.
Just like how the SCT becomes VIN locked to my car. Am I also 'locked' into using the same tuner?

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Alot depends on the car. Some cars I've tuned like 22-23 degs and some like 26 degs. When I use the SCT I start at a set timing as per the amount of boost the car has. 1st I get the a/f inline then add timing. Use a scanner and check your timing, then find out if your timing matches what is comanded in the SCT software.

SCT will have some great datalogging products out in a couple weeks. I'll post when it is released.

Rick

jrh99

Established Member
I'm not sure how much boost I'm seeing or if it's dropping off at all.
I didn't think to take note while at the dyno.

On the streets I just figured I'm pegging my stock guage so I haven't been paying much attention to it. The needle pegs to the right and doesn't move until I shift.

jrh99

Established Member
Would the SCT Tuner software have logged and saved these things. (boost #'s and timing #'s)

Also what happens if you get too aggresive with your timing? Is it just detonation that you have to look out for?

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
jrh99
may i ask what belt and what size belt your running

Thanks for any info

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by vector
jrh99
may i ask what belt and what size belt your running

Thanks for any info

I am running a 82 5/8 Gates belt. I've also put on the 3.5 alternator pulley and I'm using the middle of the 3 holes in the Metco idler bracket.

btw: I haven't found a single hint of belt dust yet!

Last edited:

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
A 6 lb. lower is equal to a 2.80 upper? Correct? I am not sure. I have the 2.80 upper only. I gained almost 25 ft/lbs of TQ by going from 20* to 22.5* of timing. Your AF chart looks perfect. To me anything under 3000 really does not matter because I never go WOT before then.

I think the sweet spot is between 22* and 23*. If you can't datalog a WOT run you may want to do another dyno run to check the timing. My car reads 23* on a dynojet and 22* under a full load on the street.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I think the stock timing is 21*. Most people run 23 degress including me. I bet you could pick up a little more torque (20 or 30 rwtq) if you added those 2 degrees.

Who did the tune? Mike Dez? I would bring it back and have them retune it.

They have software and a cable you can use not to get tunes done via email. I would stick with dyno tuning though.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Once Bit'en
DAMN!!!!! That A/F is great.... SCT is the SHIT! I need to get rid of this PREDATOR to get one ! You may get some HP/TQ.
I dont know if the SCT has "LIVE DATA RECORD", but if it does do a run (On HighWay in 4th.... 2k to 6k....you would end up doing about 110 to 125mph at rev-lim) to see what your timing is at. +21 is safe and +25 in on the high end....

Question for you....
Where did you get your SCT?
How Much was it?
Wher

Keep your predator and get a custom tune. This is coming from someone that owns a predator and the sct racers package.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
22.5 degrees was the sweet spot in my car with the 2.8 pulley....made 463 & 491 rwtq..on Larocca's dyno in NJ...autologic chip tho.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by jrh99
I'm not sure how much boost I'm seeing or if it's dropping off at all.
I didn't think to take note while at the dyno.

On the streets I just figured I'm pegging my stock guage so I haven't been paying much attention to it. The needle pegs to the right and doesn't move until I shift.

Get an aftermarket boost/vac gauge! I would also get a fuel pressure gauge and get a 2 pod pillar or dash bezel. These are 2 critical things that should be monitored.

Users who are viewing this thread