Dyno Results

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Got it dyno'd today at Houston Performance, just to see what it'd do. I'm a "little" disappointed in the numbers, but they reassured me that the heat (93 degrees and humid as Hell) during the runs, and the fact that it only had 900 miles on it kept the numbers down some. It also didn't help that I didn't have a good cool down period after driving there (an hour on the freeway). Anyways, here are the results:

Bone stock: 314.5 rwhp/370.2 rwtq

Motoblue CAI: 333.4 rwhp/385.5 rwtq

The good news is, the CAI picked up quite a bit of power. What a great mod!

I can't wait until I get some more miles on it to loosen the motor up and pulley this thing!
:rockon:

speeder

Established Member
On thing is for sure, our trucks hate the heat, but once the weather cools down thats when our trucks come alive. once you get a pulley, chip, and a factory tech valve body on your truck you will be amazed at the power you will have.

superford

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister04L
Bone stock: 314.5 rwhp/370.2 rwtq

Motoblue CAI: 333.4 rwhp/385.5 rwtq

is this on a mustang dyno? if not then your numbers are off by at least 40HP and 50ft/lbs IMHO

later,
chris

247-506-95083.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Re: Re: Dyno Results

Originally posted by superford
is this on a mustang dyno? if not then your numbers are off by at least 40HP and 50ft/lbs IMHO

later,
chris

247-506-95083.jpg

It's a Dynojet. They say the typically see Lightnings dyno in the mid 320's stock. The heat, lack of cool down, and having only 900 miles they say would attribute to lower numbers. I'm not too worried about the numbers, it feels really strong.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I wouldn't worry, it's probably the heat.

FYI, I pulled 356rwhp on a Mustang dyno with 845 miles on my 04, stock. But it was much cooler.

02SVTF150

Wish I had my username
Established Member
Originally posted by SID297
I wouldn't worry, it's probably the heat.

FYI, I pulled 356rwhp on a Mustang dyno with 845 miles on my 04, stock. But it was much cooler.

colder weather or not... 356 as opposed to 314 is a huge difference...

especially when you consider that you were on a mustang dyno and he was on a dynojet.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Again, I'm not worried about the numbers. Dyno's vary from dyno to dyno. Different days, heat, humidity, etc etc. All I care about is how fast it is, and after my buddy's 13.0 Mustang was only able to pull me by a length from a 20mph roll w/o my CAI, I'm happy with it's performace.

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Originally posted by 02SVTF150
colder weather or not... 356 as opposed to 314 is a huge difference...

especially when you consider that you were on a mustang dyno and he was on a dynojet.

Apples to oranges. Every dyno is different. That doesn't mean he's making more or less power than anybody else. The only reason he would need to be concerned would be if another similar Lightning was run on that same dyno that same day, under the same conditions, and then he would have some comparison.

Otherwise, those are the numbers that day on that dyno with that dyno operator and correction factor. Can't compare it to any other dyno readings, just have to take the numbers as they are.

He did get good information on the before/after of the Motoblue CAI, and that's what he was after. :rockon:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I realized another interesting tidbit too. Buddy of mine with an 03 GT, Vortech Strim (10psi) aftercooler, long tubes, full exhaust, pretty much all the bolt ons on the same dyno "only" made 350rwhp/340rwtq. From what we've seen we expected it to be really close or even a little over 400rwhp. He was a little disappointed, until he went to the track that is. It ran [email protected]. I'm thinking all these 350+/400+ stock dyno figures are inflated. We'll see what it does at the track next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread