Dyno results on twin turbo setup

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
The car has a built\sleeved motor running twin 6266s. Finally, the car is getting dialed in and made 705rwhp\705rwtq on 92 octane @11psi. The car is just getting tuned on e85 but it did make 780rwhp/780rwtq on it with the same 11psi but with +3* in timing.

I’m looking forward to see what kind of power it can make in the 20+ psi range and hopefully 30+ psi on the e98 if the turbos have enough steam.

clinton2003

Established Member
depending on what head gaskets your running, and if your are oring'd i'd stay at or below 25psi. but at 28psi in georgia i ran my 8.29. I do have 6466's though, which are much more efficient.

do you have gen1 (6 blade impeller) or gen2 (7 blade impeller) the gen1 is 735hp rated, while gen2 is 800hp rated. 64's are gen2 only and rated at 900.

if you have a good air to water or insane air to air, you wont have too many issues, otherwise pushing those turbo's that hard is going to create an insane amount of heat.

seems up here in colorado 20ish psi is good for about 900-1000 wheel uncorrected.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
depending on what head gaskets your running, and if your are oring'd i'd stay at or below 25psi. but at 28psi in georgia i ran my 8.29. I do have 6466's though, which are much more efficient.

do you have gen1 (6 blade impeller) or gen2 (7 blade impeller) the gen1 is 735hp rated, while gen2 is 800hp rated. 64's are gen2 only and rated at 900.

if you have a good air to water or insane air to air, you wont have too many issues, otherwise pushing those turbo's that hard is going to create an insane amount of heat.

seems up here in colorado 20ish psi is good for about 900-1000 wheel uncorrected.

I debated on grabbing the 64s but, it being a 6 speed I opted for the 62s. May upgrade them dependent on if I go powerglide. Are you running a air to water ic? If so from where and what kind of iat’s are you seeing after a pull?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

clinton2003

Established Member
You ran that ET and trap speed at Colorado altitude? Impressive..
unfortunately no, that was in georgia at Mod Nats. Best Colorado ET is 8.39@165 the week before Mod Nats.

I’ve got a tremec magnum xl currently. Will be running the airstrip with it and see how I like it. May go to a power glide, depending on how I like it.
Will be fun with the manual, when my car was stock motor, mt82 it was fun, and violent. putting the th400 in made it way more tame. Still fun, but i do miss shifting from time to time.

I debated on grabbing the 64s but, it being a 6 speed I opted for the 62s. May upgrade them dependent on if I go powerglide. Are you running a air to water ic? If so from where and what kind of iat’s are you seeing after a pull?
no, my dumbass is still running the original hellion A2A intercooler.... the low 8's were at about 28psi and saw around 200 iat... I NEED an A2W, going to try Water/Meth injection before i bite the bullet on a2w..... Car (and I) need to go on a diet.... about 3900lbs with me in it with those numbers.

According to PBD trap mph vs weight chart, the 167 was about 1225 whp... which is crazy. :eek:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
unfortunately no, that was in georgia at Mod Nats. Best Colorado ET is 8.39@165 the week before Mod Nats.

Will be fun with the manual, when my car was stock motor, mt82 it was fun, and violent. putting the th400 in made it way more tame. Still fun, but i do miss shifting from time to time.

no, my dumbass is still running the original hellion A2A intercooler.... the low 8's were at about 28psi and saw around 200 iat... I NEED an A2W, going to try Water/Meth injection before i bite the bullet on a2w..... Car (and I) need to go on a diet.... about 3900lbs with me in it with those numbers.

According to PBD trap mph vs weight chart, the 167 was about 1225 whp... which is crazy. :eek:
The meth will help but expect the IAT's to climb back up at the traps. I run a Procharger setup making 300whp less than you with their race air to air intercooler. I have an AIS (now Prometh) trunk mount kit with dual 16gph nozzles and my IAT's will hang in there until about the 1/8th mile and then go up. I run 100% vp m1 methanol in my kit. You could run bigger nozzles or add a third nozzle to compensate but at that point you are spraying a lot of extra fuel that the ecu can't control.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
The car has a built\sleeved motor running twin 6266s. Finally, the car is getting dialed in and made 705rwhp\705rwtq on 92 octane @11psi. The car is just getting tuned on e85 but it did make 780rwhp/780rwtq on it with the same 11psi but with +3* in timing.

I’m looking forward to see what kind of power it can make in the 20+ psi range and hopefully 30+ psi on the e98 if the turbos have enough steam.
At 20psi that thing will have no problem cracking 1000whp. At 30psi it will rotate the earth.

Users who are viewing this thread