Dyno results from VMP TVS 657rwhp/621rwtq

TVSCobra

Established Member

It's newer design from Eaton and Justin's TVS is different than the standard TVS in reguard to the large openning, machining, and I'm sure there are many other differences between the two. You get Whipple HP, awesome low end Torque that doesn't drop off like the whipple and you get the reliability of the Eaton.
Plus an awesome warranty from Justin and you can talk to him about any questions you have about the blower.

Justin is in a League of his own and has set the bar really high for the rest.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
My car layed down 656/590 on pump gas 18* timing, 681/642 on 109/pump gas mix @ 21psi (2.6") 19* timing....I used to have a 2.9 whipple and the TVS makes more tq across the board and 1hp less than the 2.9 on similar boost/timing can't argue with that data.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
all this has convinced me to get this blower! (as soon as i save the funds) great numbers and product guys!!

eaglesnick

Established Member

I was actually asking wicked46 ;-)

I am trying to decide between the 2.9 and the TVS for my build. I know your a TVS fan now :), but any "unbiased" help would be great. :beer: By the way the motor will be a 5.0 Boss motor stroked to 5.3L if that makes a difference. The reason I am letting you know what engine I'm putting in is because I think the TVS might be too small to "fill" the larger displacement engine. In your comparison the TVS was using a 2.8 pulley to get 19# where the 2.9 was using a 3.5 pulley to get the same 19#. So I am a little concerned that the TVS won't be able to move enough air to "fill" the larger displacement engine without running into belt slip issues, over spinning the blower or hotter charge temps. ANy insight would be helpful.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I was actually asking wicked46 ;-)

I am trying to decide between the 2.9 and the TVS for my build. I know your a TVS dealer, but any "unbiased" help would be great. :beer:

No problem.
I was just answering on his behalf.

Best of luck with your build.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Oh, sorry thought you were referring to what you had not wicked. Any info on my edited post would be great!!! :beer:

Just a thought but if Ford thinks the TVS 2.3 is enough to power the 2013 GT500 w/5.8 it probably would do very well on your 5.0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread