• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Dyno results from VMP TVS 657rwhp/621rwtq

Discussion in 'Engine/Tuning' started by [email protected], Dec 11, 2011.

1. Justin@VMP

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

We got Rick's (senkak's) car up on the dyno yesterday and ran it with my new VMP 2.3L TVS and the first inlet elbow.

Previously, we did dyno and track testing using a prototype TVS unit with a hand-fabricated sheet metal intake. We made anywhere from 630-675rwhp depending on boost. Rick ran a best of 10.4s and 138 in a 6spd vert on blower only. This was done to prove TVS technology could work well on a Terminator, before I spent the money to tool a unique blower.

Now that we have the production blowers we are testing all the available throttle body and inlet elbow combinations. For those that are not up to speed, the VMP TVS is an aftermarket 2.3L blower made specifically for the 03-04 Cobra. It utilizes a one piece cast housing with a factory style side entry inlet and integrated lower intake and intercooler mounting flange. Just like the OEM Eaton M112.

On Friday and Saturday we tested the first of four elbow designs, this one is for the stock 57mm and BBK 65mm dual bore TBs with a round idle air passage. I'll ask Rick to snap a picture of his engine bay since I did not do that. The inlet elbow is not powdercoated as its the first one, but they will be black to match the blower.

The blower performed great at 19.5-20psi. We ran a 4lb lower and 3.2 upper. This is equivalent to a 2.75 upper with a stock lower. We plan to test more (smaller) pulley combinations when we get the other sizes from the machinist next week.

The car made 600ft/lbs by 3000rpm (97% of peak torque). Boost held all the way to the rev limit.

[​IMG]

I am very excited to try the dragon and accufab single blade TBs next week, as that is what many of you are running, they provide a much larger opening.

The car has 60lb injectors, dual GT pumps with a BAP, VMP 100MM Cobra maf, CnL inlet tube, 1 5/8 longtubes and prochamber. Timing was at 18 deg initially until we ran low on 93 in the tank. We mixed in some shell 105 and went to 19 deg, going to 20 deg got us no more HP and only about 5ft/lb of torque.

2. bambinov8

bambinov8 600WHP LOL Established Member

That's good HP considering I made the Same exact HP with a 2.2 kb , e85 and 23* ..any plans of this car running the corn ??? I see it making 700whp easy on that.I was so excited to have a chance to check his car out today at the track rental in PBIR but got cancelled .BTW what was the A/F on this run ?? Hopefully I get to meet u guys JAN.29 for re schedule on this event

3. Justin@VMP

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

A/F was 12:1.

We plan to run E85 with 80s in the future.

I forgot to mention that IATs would climb about 15* during a loaded dyno pull, they would start around 110* and finish around 125* with a 76* ambient.

We should be out there on the 29th, and probably hitting up some other tracks before then.

4. KINGCOBRA86

KINGCOBRA86 Tvs @ 22psi ftw Established Member

Strong #'s ! What does she sound like?

5. evolve

evolve Active Member Established Member

Outstanding #s! So whatd just 93oct make?

6. Senkak

Senkak SVT Poster Established Member

Here are some pics.

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

7. Senkak

On 93 we made 657/615

Timing was at 18 deg initially until we ran low on 93 in the tank. We mixed in some shell 105 and went to 19 deg, going to 20 deg got us no more HP and only about 5ft/lb of torque.

-

8. bambinov8

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  9. Senkak

10. BADASS03SVT

BADASS03SVT Well-Known Member Established Member

:rockon:

11. 03ct cobra

03ct cobra Member Established Member

Hey guys how ya doing? Im new to this forum and ill tell ya I've been following the development of the vmp tvs. This sounds exactly what I've been looking for.im curious as to what this would do or how much loss there is with stock manifolds and catted x.as I don't plan on running lt's.I really like the high torque #s...to me that's where the fun is in a street car.anyway ill keep on the lookout for further results...im really curious what the difference will be with an accufab or similar sbtb cuz that's what I currently have on my car.btw..how much extra is it for the intake to fit a sbtb to the vmp tvs?

12. bambinov8

13. 2mchtoy

2mchtoy Member Established Member

And once again....GROUP BUY????? CASH IN HAND.

14. I-CAN-STANG

I-CAN-STANG cut em' off at the knees Established Member

Awesome numbers!

15. Senkak

As soon as we have the inlets and final testing is done they will be ready ship.
    Which inlet are you interested in?
    We appreciate your patience!

Thank you!

16. Senkak

We are doing very well especially with the results exceeding our expectations!
    LTs allow the the motor to breath easier. This results in more power potential.
    Stock manifolds are a good design from the factory and make good power as many have proven on here.
    The numbers are very good with the BBK twin 65mm.
    The big ovals will do even better with the extra flow and less restriction.
    The inlet for the Accufab is $50 additional.
    Stay tuned for more results.

17. OH3BLKSVT

OH3BLKSVT Screwed by the twins Established Member

god i cant wait to get one of these!

18. Mystic03

Mystic03 Active Member Established Member

Great numbers for 20psi! Shooting for those numbers with same boost levels!

19. HURTNEM

HURTNEM Well Blow Me Down!!! Established Member

Rick, from Justin's post above it appears that 657/615 was WITH 105 mixed in with 93 and also WITH 19 deg of timing. He never stated what the numbers were with 93 Octane and 18* of timing only:shrug:

I'd like to know the numbers for both 93 Octane and 18* of timing and also the numbers with the 105 mixed in and 19* of timing.

20. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 Want to play a game? Staff Member Super Moderator

Rick states that on 93 they made 657/615 in the quote above.