Dyno results for my Track Key '13 Boss

dwl1717

Track Key

So I am struggling with my dealership to get the Track key for my Boss (#317). Is it true that when the track key is in that the entire warranty on the car is voided?

dwl1717

Wow well I just talked to the sales manager right now and he is stalling telling me that he can not find the forms to order the program for me. Is that BS as well?

nota4re

Established Member
iamracerx - First off, great looking car! Super color choice! Your dyno results are very consistent with out findings having dyno'd several Boss's with the TK. I think you would find that the HP/TQ numbers would be virtually identical between the two keys if you kept all of the other variables the same. However, just as you have noted, TK consistently runs leaner than the Black key especially in the upper RPM range. We get these same results across multiple cars.

Unrealford

Established Member
Your numbers are right on the money with mine.,Trackey made more trq, but silver key made a few more hp on mine..
Mine are Sae also. max 384/348
DynoSAE.jpg

Last edited:

mtrsprt

Established Member
Whoa whoa whoa you guys had to pay for your track key?

I bought my boss out of state on the 8th and my track key just showed up in the mail today. I never even asked for it.
The track key comes with the car. The software and programming however, does not.......

cloud9

Established Member
You will absolutely get a different result (lower power) in 4th gear than 5th. When I had mine dynoed the operator didn't realize that 5th gear is 1:1 in the Boss so the first pulls were in 4th gear. There were two pulls with the regular tune and two with TracKey. You can see they're almost identical. The second graph is TracKey in 5th gear and both hp and tq are higher.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

gary5thsae.png

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I am going to dyno my Boss again soon with both keys... My 1st dyno there was a noticeable difference between the keys

senderofan

Established Member
Hey everyone. I have a bone stock 13 302. Wonder what kind of mod list every one has going

Welcome to this site. This is an old thread....you might not get many folks answering. Might want to start a new thread and pose the question....and include what you'd like to accomplish with your Boss. Several of us like to take ours to road courses...others it's the dragstrip. Different mods for different applications so it makes it difficult to provide a recommendation. For me....My first mods were 1) Track Key 2) JLT catch can 3) HPDE driving school....which has been the most valuable upgrade that I continue to pursue. Then it went on from there.....mostly steering towards road course practice.

Wayne

Z O SICK

Established Member
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride! I have a PW 2013. My mods are JLT intake, tune, cat delete pipes, suspension, and wheels.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Welcome to this site. This is an old thread....you might not get many folks answering. Might want to start a new thread and pose the question....and include what you'd like to accomplish with your Boss. Several of us like to take ours to road courses...others it's the dragstrip. Different mods for different applications so it makes it difficult to provide a recommendation. For me....My first mods were 1) Track Key 2) JLT catch can 3) HPDE driving school....which has been the most valuable upgrade that I continue to pursue. Then it went on from there.....mostly steering towards road course practice.

Wayne

Wondering if you have much oil build up in the catch can?

Race Red Boss

Established Member
It was an eye opener.....More than I was hoping for...for sure.

Here's a picture of about 300 miles of mixed driving....no track or high rpm stuff:

JLToil.jpg

Wayne

Wow! Now I know where my oil is likely going.......into the intake! Guess my next purchase will be a catch can.

senderofan

Established Member
I have since moved on to a larger system that covers both sides. But the JLT did a fine job and I give it a salute once in a while on my shelf :). Guess for NA engines...the passenger side is the side that pukes the oil vapor. With boosted engines.....it's better to have both collecting.

Wayne

senderofan

Established Member
Wow! Now I know where my oil is likely going.......into the intake! Guess my next purchase will be a catch can.

The thing that bothered me most.....think of that oil coating the inside of the intake and coating the valves. I wouldn't think that would be advantageous to such a high performance engine.

Wayne

Race Red Boss

Established Member
The thing that bothered me most.....think of that oil coating the inside of the intake and coating the valves. I wouldn't think that would be advantageous to such a high performance engine.

Wayne

Agree. Do you just chuck out the oil in the can.......or recycle it back into the motor? And you're right, the passenger side is the one JLT recommends installing if only doing one.

Interested in selling your used one?

Users who are viewing this thread