Dyno Results- Boss Intake Manifold to Cobra Jet Intake Manifold

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
sorry bud you were having lock out issues. hope you get all squared away. on the bright side congrats on a new best for you

4VFTW

Established Member
given the d/a changes and the added weight your car ran pretty much exactly what you would expect from a ~20rwhp increase. keep plugging away at it , there is more in there.

corysmach1

Established Member
I wouldn't be upset at all man you added 100 pounds had shifting issues and still got a personal best! It will only get better from here on out!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
given the d/a changes and the added weight your car ran pretty much exactly what you would expect from a ~20rwhp increase. keep plugging away at it , there is more in there.

Yea after thinking it over I feel like with the weight I added it cancelled out half the new power I made with the CJ. Ill be back at the track in 2 weeks on the same exact setup so Ill just give it another shot before I change anything.

Shit man you added 100lbs and still picked up.That's nothing to sneeze at.

Yea I want to take more weight out of the car but really don't want to go to drag brakes or something.

Still a very respectful time. I'm sure once you get a diff CAI you'll see a better time and get the lockout situation resolved. What RPM are you launching at ?

I was only launching at 5-5,500.

I wouldn't be upset at all man you added 100 pounds had shifting issues and still got a personal best! It will only get better from here on out!

Yea Ill have to see next time out. Never had any lockout issues before so this is new for me.

Mike Rousch

Established Member
Those are great times man considering the issues you were having! Get that lock out issue squared away and those times will get a lot better!!

jjd975

Established Member
Yeah da was +1100 over the boss and you are +100 lbs. Still went .16 faster. I know a lit of the et came from the 60'. Once you can spin it higher you should do even better. Funny you ran the back half faster (time wise) with the boss over the cj. Guess the lack of rpm is hurting.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Those are great times man considering the issues you were having! Get that lock out issue squared away and those times will get a lot better!!

Thanks mike yea ill give it another shot with no changes and just see where I am at.

Yeah da was +1100 over the boss and you are +100 lbs. Still went .16 faster. I know a lit of the et came from the 60'. Once you can spin it higher you should do even better. Funny you ran the back half faster (time wise) with the boss over the cj. Guess the lack of rpm is hurting.

Yea ill see how it goes next time out.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Went back out to the track today for some more testing, changed nothing at all with the setup. Made about 5 passes and these are my best 2 from today. Finally hit a 1.5x 60 ft. Launching at 6,200RPM's.

Fastest ET of the day and I guess new PB.
DA: +850

20131102_180933 by spaded707, on Flickr

2nd Fastest ET with Fastest MPH of the day/ Best 60ft for the car.
DA: +1160

20131102_180748 by spaded707, on Flickr

I don't know what to think about the car, it feels strong but I still think the k-springs and koni yellows are hurting me. I also feel like the MPH should be higher and the car should be low 11's.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Congrats man!

I would definitely look at swapping some of the suspension... Definitely could be hurting you.

IIRC your using the 2010 GT JLT intake? Thought about switching to a 4.5 or 5" one? I bet you'd pick up a couple mph right there.

twistedneck

Established Member
Nice times but the fluctuation in mph would drive me nuts. Car runs 117-121. A lot of money for little result in the cobra jet is my opinion.

Welcome to the world of Normally Aspirated engines. Cobra jet adds about 20HP and 7tq so really ignore the HP and just look its only 7/450 = 1.5% improvement.. not much more than 150lb weight save would get you the same thing.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Congrats man!

I would definitely look at swapping some of the suspension... Definitely could be hurting you.

IIRC your using the 2010 GT JLT intake? Thought about switching to a 4.5 or 5" one? I bet you'd pick up a couple mph right there.

Yea im really leaning towards the BMR springs and Viking double adjustable shocks for suspension and seeing where it goes from there.

Yea still have the restrictive 2010 JLT on there, looking at going to one of the bigger one's soon.

Nice times but the fluctuation in mph would drive me nuts. Car runs 117-121. A lot of money for little result in the cobra jet is my opinion.

Seem's like DA has a big part in MPH on N/A car's. Seems like that is the only thing that effects my MPH. This car has always MPH'd lower then cars with same components anyways. Not to concerned with it just concerned with how the car runs down the track.

Welcome to the world of Normally Aspirated engines. Cobra jet adds about 20HP and 7tq so really ignore the HP and just look its only 7/450 = 1.5% improvement.. not much more than 150lb weight save would get you the same thing.

Yea in the end I spent about 400$ out of pocket from switching from the boss intake setup to the CJ setup and that was with a dyno tune. So im not to upset with the results so far, just like always want more.

-Thomas

ford20

Established Member
Are you going to have to put a cage it in now? I thought it was an 11.45 that you had to put in a cage.

Users who are viewing this thread