Dyno question

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
I think this is the best fitting section, please move if it's incorrect.

Anyways, I have never personally dyno'd a car. I see that the process is pretty simple, so my question is about the set up. I have an "03 Cobra with a few modest bolt-ons, 2.76 pulley and tune. The closest shop with a dyno is >an hour and 45 minutes away. What is the best way to travel to the shop and dyno without completely heat soaking my motor?(besides a trailer, no money for that)

Is this something I even have to worry about? i always see people commenting on hear robbing HP. Is there a way to cool down to an acceptable temp before I dyno?

FORD4U

Established Member
ummmm get there early lol, drop the car off the night before? or just get real world numbers, if your on the street and run it hard chances are you didn’t get a chance to let it cool off, are you going for a all out dyno number or just getting an idea of what you have, if you want numbers you can brag about then let it cool for a while, if your more concerned about the tune then just dyno it and check it out, i would rather know what my car is doing at full temp. that way there are no surprises when i get on it some night when im cruising around.

Users who are viewing this thread