Dyno queens or Traction problems? Vettes vs cobras (video)

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Cobras & Corvettes - YouTube

How are these cobras so slow for the power, yes I know hp is just a number but still? Dont get me wrong they all look nice but the yellow one is the only one that runs like it should imo

Is it traction problems? They just weight that much more? I feel like the 2.8 kb should be closer to the vette than that.

White cobra racing on bad tires with 30 psi.. Lol

Anyway still fun video

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Red cobra spun for days.

White cobra need a real tire not some flashy wheel and from the black cloud behind it, it needs a tune since it's running fat as a pig.

The vette is no joke, stalled, tire, weight....

The cobra drivers could use some seat time it looks like.

Little baby blower, boost only, E85 cobra with a driver mod.....

C6 has gone well into the 10's

TBSS has gone into the 9's and makes nother of 1000 wheel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6TgFlrRXVI

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
They need weight reduction, rotational mass reduction, better tires and areodynamics.

Does lowering the car help wth aero at all or not really much?

It's a shame a lot of cobra (and seems like a good bit of mustang owners) only focus on hp...

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member

It's a shame a lot of cobra (and seems like a good bit of mustang owners) only focus on hp...

No. It may help ever so slightly with downforce, but the drag coefficient and frontal area remains the same.

This forum tends to think corvettes are slow. In the hands of people that are actually drivers...they aren't.

Not only does the cobra have an aerodynamic deficit to combat, it's also 500-600 lbs heavier and has less traction available. As you can see, that's hard for even huge power to overcome.

Mystic03

Established Member

unfortunately you need at least 80-100+hp on top of a c6z to overcome it

MGC

Established Member
lets see a bolt-on supercharged c6 with a stalled auto and a good tire vs a big hp cobra on worn drag radials, did you really think anything else would happen? vette ran hard.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
No. It may help ever so slightly with downforce, but the drag coefficient and frontal area remains the same.

This forum tends to think corvettes are slow. In the hands of people that are actually drivers...they aren't.

Not only does the cobra have an aerodynamic deficit to combat, it's also 500-600 lbs heavier and has less traction available. As you can see, that's hard for even huge power to overcome.

Man I wish I would have taken more videos when I raced my cobra...

Becuase only a hand full of cobras seem to run like mine did.. I duno if it was cause I had solid axle, no spare, tubular front.. or what

03cobrarocks

Established Member
lets see a bolt-on supercharged c6 with a stalled auto and a good tire vs a big hp cobra on worn drag radials, did you really think anything else would happen? vette ran hard.

Well it's understandable that the white one lost..

But the orange one? I mean he got like owned.. Should have at least been closer

Rambro

Established Member
Well it's understandable that the white one lost..

But the orange one? I mean he got like owned.. Should have at least been closer

In the vid it shows a shot of the red cobra from the rear and it just lays down black strips every time he rolls into the throttle. In the original thread he said it wasn't running right and needed suspension work. I think he said after the adjustments are made a rematch will go down. Hope the cobra guys bring their A game next time, because that's what it's going to take to hang with that vette.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
In the vid it shows a shot of the red cobra from the rear and it just lays down black strips every time he rolls into the throttle. In the original thread he said it wasn't running right and needed suspension work. I think he said after the adjustments are made a rematch will go down. Hope the cobra guys bring their A game next time, because that's what it's going to take to hang with that vette.

Ah thank you much for this information!

I didnt even see the original thread :(

From my experience suspension and weight reduction go a long way on these cars!

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Modified C6s are quick, and we all know the 03/04 Cobras are tough to control with 600+ HP. You need serious suspension work to keep that HP going to the ground.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
People overlook how important suspension and tires are. Most people just throw more power at their cars and wonder why they get beat by cars they should rape.

TClark22

Established Member
that vette is no joke...just squats and goes. I love cobras 1000x more than vettes but they got smacked.

All 6 speeds with 18" wheels and tires vs a stalled auto nasty vette with taller tires (think i saw taller tires) and better traction

t01lightning

Established Member
Hate to say it but 03 cobras are slow for the power. I had one and even with 600 plus at the wheels it was a joke compared to a cam only c6z06 and than the ported heads, intake and 200 shot came. Even without the nitrous the car is in a different league. Same applies to gt500's other than the 13.

Mystic03

Established Member
Hate to say it but 03 cobras are slow for the power. I had one and even with 600 plus at the wheels it was a joke compared to a cam only c6z06 and than the ported heads, intake and 200 shot came. Even without the nitrous the car is in a different league. Same applies to gt500's other than the 13.

+1 ive experienced it LOL but regardless both are respectable cars both are great bang for the buck!

Users who are viewing this thread